OSC and Ms Pinky

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
djnelson
OSC and Ms Pinky

Post by djnelson » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 am

Hi,

Recently I've been reading about people using OSC editor and their Iphone / Ipads to control DAWs or DJ applications.

Ms Pinky Seems to support OSC, are there plans to implement the OSC as an option instead using the Midi assign?

This is the application I'm talking about:

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc

Also has anyone got TouchOSC to work with Ms Pinky yet?

Thanks
Nelson
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 pm

What do you have in mind?

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Mudo,

I was just thinking about using a device to control the band loop, band cue points and also the filter in Ms Pinky Maxi Patch.

But I can't really afford a iPhone or iPad at the moment so back to the midi keyboard for me :P

Also I read on in the above link that you can use OSC with puredata and midi yoke and that way assign midi numbers to your inputs. So if anyone wants to use their iTouch, iPhone, etc. with Ms Pinky they will be able to wish a bit of messing around.

:D
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Sure!

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
mr.

Post by mr. » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 pm

djnelson wrote:Hi Mudo,

I was just thinking about using a device to control the band loop, band cue points and also the filter in Ms Pinky Maxi Patch.

But I can't really afford a iPhone or iPad at the moment so back to the midi keyboard for me :P

Also I read on in the above link that you can use OSC with puredata and midi yoke and that way assign midi numbers to your inputs. So if anyone wants to use their iTouch, iPhone, etc. with Ms Pinky they will be able to wish a bit of messing around.

Hey, this works great... this is how you have to do it:
Touch OSC is a controller remote for your phone... but, you need something on your computer to interpret the OSC to Midi
such as OSCulator
this works a little easier for me then using the OSC inside Ms. Pinky.

Basically, you see the sync between your phone/controller and OSCulator... and then you can have it control midi functions in Ms. Pinky

I am sure DLPinkstah will chime in and say "why do all that extra stuff when I have OSC built into Ms. Pinky"

but, heck yes it works. AND IT'S SICK if you spend the time to use the Touch OSC editor and make yourself a custom interface for ms.pinky.
the phone is a little small for my tastes.. so i usually put like 2-4 functions on there and not so close together so my fast fingers don't miss.
i am sure this would be sick with an IPAD... but, at that price point... just buy yourself an AKAI LPD8 and use the MIDI pads + knobs.

peace,
mr.
--- -- -
joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 am

Wow, thanks for the tip mr.
mr.

Post by mr. » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 pm

i'll be here all week
--- -- -
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks for that Mr.

I've recently purchased a HTC phone and wanted to share some info about an app I found that is similar to Hexler's Touch OSC app for Apple. For those like me who can't wait for the Andriod version to come out.

The application is free and is called Finger Play:

http://thesundancekid.net/blog/fingerplay-midi/

I haven't had a chance to try this out but will report back as soon as I have.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 am

I can confirm the Finger Play app for Android phones worked very well for me on my HTC Desire.

It was very easy to set up and get going with the loopBe1 application mentioned on the finger play website.

I would like to try use the OSC in Ms Pinky as you have to pay for loopbe1 and osculator. However, I think the OSC in Ms Pinky is only for sending the control vinyl information. Could someone please give some clarity on how the OSC works in Maxi-Patch?

Cheers