List what you would like to see in the next version

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
djone37
List what you would like to see in the next version

Post by djone37 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:01 am

You can post here what you want to see added to new versions of Ms Pinky.

Here are a few I would like to see:

Maxi-Patch:

-Make video output sounds so you can mix music videos

-Make screen resizeable

-fix sounds at extreme slow movememnts to emulate vinyl at low movment

-sounds weird with key lock on and scratching, maybe make it diacitvate it automatically while scratching.

-waveforms need to run smoother
djope

Post by djope » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:27 am

I think the maxipatch window is good, but would like to be able to resize, or if you want to really help me out, making binky toy ever so slightly less tall so it fits at 800*600, it's only the transport for the second desk that goes out of sight. I don't normally use this resolution, but when i'm using the system at parties it makes the text easier to read.

I love the maxipatch AO version, very useful indeed. Is there any way of using this with VST effects, or using rewire to run it into other software?

On the whole what i want from the software i use is one simple version i can just drag tunes from iTunes into and play with them on the decks, without worrying about the MIDI and having to take tunes off and on (if i could drag in and it change the tune automatically it would speed things up for me), and another more complex version with effects and video mixing and all the added extras. I'm using two systems and the weaker one struggles with the new versions of the software, so i minimal, scaled down thing like MPAO is great.

And if it's possible, could the waveform files be compatible between mac and pc? if not a different extension would help me a lot to separate them.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:41 am

Ohh I would also like to see MP with 3 deck support. I'm using the SA2 and I would love to use the headphones and the AUX in as a third deck.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:48 am

I just want to note that I did get 3 decks working with the SA2:

I had 2 decks controlled my vinyl from FS2 and one using MP_AO. The display was a bit choppy but the sound was great... even with scratching and all.

I just wish I had a better deck for my 3rd deck... I was using an old belt drive table with the rubber mat.
Justus

Post by Justus » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:43 am

Mixing Music Videos! Yes Pwease! ..
Justus

Post by Justus » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:23 am

Does Ms Pinky have a ratings option for track names? Like as in - rate a track in the listing with a colour option. So as to find tracks quickly and easily. I find that owning so many rekkids these days, it's hard to locate what I'm looking for and the record that is playing sometimes runs out before I can find the next track. doh..
VideoScratch

Post by VideoScratch » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:38 pm

for maxi patch AV on a PC

It would be great if the user interface becomes more reliable (I.E: for live performance) by simplyfiing the file selection :

(for example: a scrolling menu for each TT) > one click and the file is on ready to play.

a browse window to select the different folders (more than one at a time) would be great. (faster, you don't have to use windows explorer)

maybe using check box instead of little scrolling menus for all settings for two reasons:

- you can visually check the whole config in a look (i.e. you never know wether the vinyl control is on and off, and if you click on the scrolling menu to check it, you take it on and off...)

- if your trackpad is configured to click when you touch it, using the scrolling menu is a bit risky...

!!! And for shure pinky pitch for audio and video !!!! (see my older post on that new fonction proposition)....
...happyness is a warm slipmate...
cybergenic

yes please

Post by cybergenic » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:31 am

Make video output sounds so you can mix music videos
omek

for binky toy

Post by omek » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:29 pm

-itunes integration !!!!!!!!!!

-file browser with read title album genre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please please please
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:08 am

The best of all worlds for me:

bpm calculator and pitch modificator over bpm... it do maxi more useful for beatmixing... like mixvibes dvs

waveform display smoother...

any kind of notation? (TTM)... She will be the first (its virginal)

RIAA preamplifier signal like dj decks...

CUe/Tap button and beatmatching... like VDJ

Sampler and microphone rec... like SSL

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
blancodisco

Post by blancodisco » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:59 pm

I'm voting for a better track browser.

I've been using iTunes to drag tracks into Binky Toy, but, I'd rather have it a bit more integrated. I've only just begun trying out MS Pinky vinyl with DJ Decks on the PC, but, I'd rather stay on my mac since, that's the platform where i have a laptop.

VST FX integration would be my second choice add on feature.
--

benny blanco∆

http://blancodisco.com
Tracedj

Post by Tracedj » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:48 am

For the track preview display inside Binky toy, could you have the white vertical progressing bar stays at the middle and have the green colour sound samples moving at the background? Just like Serato and FS's preview dispaly.

The original way wasn't that much of a problem but i can't constantly see the future sound samples untill the white bar jumps to the next section. Fixing this problem would help out a lot during long mixes.