powerbook G4 with ms pinky?????

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
derekyiu
powerbook G4 with ms pinky?????

Post by derekyiu » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:03 pm

hello

i am new in this forum..

i've got a mac powerbook g4, 2 turntables and dj mixer (2 channels).

will this setup able to run the software?

do i need to purchase a preamp? i am using a technics Dj mixer

also my computer only got 1 line in and 1 line out...will it works fine?

does ms pinky any hardware to run the prrogram like : final scratch...

where is cheapest to get in uk?

thxxxx derek
Hotcakes

Post by Hotcakes » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:08 pm

You can buy direct from Pinky herself, You will need more than one input though preferably two stereo inputs and they will need to be ASIO and yes you will need to preamp the decks.

The current hot cake in this area is the U46DJ because it has all the needed ins and outs and built in preamps for a very small cost, You can look around in the forum to see that Pinkstah has tested these cards and they work fine, With the new card and your $99 on pinky you wont need anything else atall.

PS If you cant find a UK supplier of the ESI U46 DJ ask here because i could not find one supplier in the UK anywhere and had to buy from Europe :(
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Ms Pinky loves Mac (and Max, too)

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:39 pm

Derek-

Ms Pinky is very much at home on the Mac platform. So yes, you can definitely use Ms Pinky with your powerbook G4. However, you will also need to purchase an audio converter (ideally one with built-in phono preamps). My recommendation is that you get the U46DJ from Ego Systems. It will allow you to simply connect your turntables directly to it, and then connect its outputs directly to you mixer. This makes setting up and using Ms Pinky very easy.

cheers-

DLP