HELP PLEASE!!!

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Jesus
HELP PLEASE!!!

Post by Jesus » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:11 am

Hey Guys, I'm running a newer Imac G5 models. 1.5 GB of RAM.

When I start using Maxi patch, eveything plays well, but then as I keep mixing video (audio, video in sync) eveything stars slow down..why is that? is there a way to analize the videos? do I have to use the limiter rite beside the frame rate or do I leave it off? what's the best codec to render my videos? Do I use 640 x 480 or 720 x 486?

i have a show this thurs coming up and we need to get this thing figure it out ASAP..

LONG LIVE MS PINKY!!!!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Hello Jesus-

First of all, which version of Maxi-Patch are you using?

I would recommend that you download the very latest version of Maxi-Patch (3.5.6) for OSX that I just uploaded recently. It may help with your slowing-down problem.

To achieve maximum framerate, here are some suggestions:

1) Use PHOTO-JPEG to encode all your movies (if possible) and do not optimize your movies for streaming. There are other codecs which will give decent framerates in Maxi-Patch, but you should definitely stay away from DV format movies. Those will be slow unless you have a very very fast computer.

2) Limit the dimensions of your movies to 320 x 240 if possible. Keep in mind that Maxi-Patch processes each and every pixel in real-time. So if your movie dimensions are 640 x 480, Maxi-Patch must process FOUR TIMES as many pixels per frame as when your movies are 320 x 240. Also don't forget to use the "Video Output and Recording" settings panel to adjust the dimensions of your final output video mix. You can, for example, play movies that are only 320 x 240, but you can set the dimensions of your final output video mix to be 640 x 480 (with linear interpolation) so that the final mix looks nice on a large projection.

3) Another way to achieve maximum framerate in Maxi-Patch is to disengage the realtime zoom/rotate and brightness-contrast-saturation effects. In Maxi-Patch 3.5.6 you can disengage these with the check boxes in the QT movie player region.

Let me know if any of this helps you.

cheers!

DLP

P.S. Maxi-Patch 3.5.6 for WinXP coming very soon...