IMAC!!!

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Jesus
IMAC!!!

Post by Jesus » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:24 pm

I do have a newer Imac G5 and it runs very good, mind u with these computers u can NOT have multiple displays, it only mirrors the desktop....there's a hack for it tho but u could fry ur comp or lose ur warranty....anyway, we have a show Dec 10 and we need to find out exactly what kinda system we need to make run smoothly since we do a lot of scratching and play long videos that need to be smooth
VideoScratch

Post by VideoScratch » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:27 am

hi,

i've used Ms pinky with two brand i-mac G5 for a video-turntablism (we were 2 dj's) performance at the "biennal of contemporary art in Lyon" the 30sept. & 01 oct.

usually, i'm using (trying to use it) on PC, but it's so buggish on my PC...

pinky works fine with video scratching (*mov made with final cut or quicktime pro 7, jpg compression), audio in aiff 48Khz.

for scratching > beware of compression !

our i-mac G5 got 1 Gig ram. we use 17", video out out was buggish on 19" because of size.

we even use the built in soundcards without any latency... no need for extra soundcard.

with video out, we use the VGA>RCA/S-Video apple adaptator, and we install the crack to get the video out and it works perfectly. (we have used the mac for two weeks, they were borrowed from a partner shop)

hope this helps...
...happyness is a warm slipmate...