Question about this software package

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
DrGreenthumb
Question about this software package

Post by DrGreenthumb » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:02 am

i see the blinky toy program only runs on a mac and i dont have a mac so will i not get the full use of the whole ms pinky package without a mac?

and i was wondering if my pc specs are good enough to mix and scratch video my specs are

winxp sp2

Pentium 4 1.8ghz

512mb ddr ram

16mb voodoo 3 video card

i have no sound card and i'm thinking of getting some usb pre amp thing to interface with the vinyl and i dont have usb 2.0 i have 1.1 i think and was wndering if these usb interfaces are 2.0?
tgerdin

Post by tgerdin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:03 pm

MaxiPatch (which runs on Win XP) provides roughly the same functionality as Binky Toy so don't worry about not having a mac. Your computer specs looks more than adequate as well. As for soundcard, you can go with the U46DJ (it's a USB 1.1 box - not USB 2).
DrGreenthumb

delivery time

Post by DrGreenthumb » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:49 pm

thanks for ur help also how long did it take to get the vinyl's delivered i am thinking of getting this for a present for someone for christmas would it be delivered in time?

and what is this the best program for scratching what is the latancy compared to serato or final scratch or trackor?
VideoScratch

Post by VideoScratch » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:53 am

hi,

i'm using final scratch 1.5 on a pc (laptop Pentium 4 2.8Ghz).

sound quality is better for scratching on Ms Pinky (especially on fast and/or wide mouvement).

...but

for live performance, i think the user-interface of miss pinky need to be improved.

i use ms pinky for studio work or for scratching with musicians, but i keep using Final Scratch for mixing live because searching or loading a track is really easier and faster on FS.
...happyness is a warm slipmate...
VideoScratch

Post by VideoScratch » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:00 am

also...

about latency:

- the box you get with final scratch is a soundcard with it's own caracteristics.

- with ms pinky, u can use almost any soundcard, so the better the soundcard is, the less latency you get, the best sound you have.

i'm using a MOTU 828Mk2, so i almost forgot what latency means...
...happyness is a warm slipmate...
paulheu

Re: delivery time

Post by paulheu » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:20 pm

DrGreenthumb wrote:thanks for ur help also how long did it take to get the vinyl's delivered i am thinking of getting this for a present for someone for christmas would it be delivered in time?

and what is this the best program for scratching what is the latancy compared to serato or final scratch or trackor?

If you want to use msPinky on a windows box for audio DJing I'd strongly suggest you check out djDecks, a _VERY_ cool DJ app, highly customizable and well supported. Comes at an extremely decent price too..

Hardware wise I would get a better videocard (16MB cards are ancient..) and I'd suggest getting an extra 512MB RAM..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.