Most Accurate Vinyl Demod Settings??

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
christofleeze
Most Accurate Vinyl Demod Settings??

Post by christofleeze » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:48 pm

I have been trying to test out and tweak my vinyl demod settings to get the most "vinyl-like" sound. I've been putting the tracks that i am testing w/ on fat resample, and I am moving the record very slowly back and forth. I am finding that some settings are causing me to hear some really nasty digital artifacts, and as I adjust the threshold and sharpness i am getting rid of those sounds, but sometimes this is causing me to not be able to hear any sound unless I really move the record a little faster.

I would really like to have my settings allow for the most realistic experience (obviously). With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions on how to set these parameters to get the best results for what i am looking for?

Also, I noticed that w/ the sharpness set to the fastest setting, I got this really bad digital noise when I picked the needle off of the record. I'm guessing that this is noise from the turntable platter spinning around, causing Binky Toy to "think" it is receiving information from the record, when in reality it is not. Probably not being detailed enough in my description, but if there is something that I have left out that may help in figuring this out, let me know.

Thanks,

::chris::
visit me at:

http://www.myspace.com/christofleeze

If you've got a page, send me a friend request!