Djing News Podcast :-)

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
djone37
Djing News Podcast :-)

Post by djone37 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:17 am

Hey I'm talking about Rane and Serato here this week. In 2 weeks I'll be talking about the pink itself... maybe the pinkstah himself would want to talk a bit too? Check it out:

---------------------------------------

Konstrukt #6: The Digital DJ's Podcast:

konstrukt.libsyn.com

Welcome to Konstrukt Podcast # 6 Sat. March 04 2006. Hobbes is MIA again this week, he has to do his real work once again, Craig Reeves is in from Charlotte, North Carolina, and we are honored to have Henry a.k.a. Mexicannnnnn join us on Skype from the frozen wastelands of Toronto Canada. This week Mex gives us the low down on Serato Scratch and we diss on NI a bit. We talk about the SL1 and the soon to be released TTM 57SL Mixer. We talk about the pro's and cons of Serato vs Final Scratch and discuss why Henry changed from FS to Serato We deliver the word on Behringers apparent FCC transgressions, and give you the lowdown on UK copyright regulators soliciting feedback from U.K D.J's on the Digital DJ License. Links Serato: www.serato.com Rane TTM Mixer: www.serato.com Nem0nics Website: www.nem0nic.com Beat Chemistry Website www.beatchemistry.net FCC - Behringer hraunfoss.fcc.gov

-------------------------------------

I'm using my mac's built in mic... which isn't the greatest and kind of muffles my voice a bit, but it works for now... I'll look into a better mic soon.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:37 am

Anyone listen to it?

http://konstrukt.libsyn.com/
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:15 pm

Hey djone37, maybe along with talkin about MsPinky you can talk/compare with DjDecks...any chance of that?
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:17 pm

afreek1000 wrote:Hey djone37, maybe along with talkin about MsPinky you can talk/compare with DjDecks...any chance of that?

I don't own DJ decks... so it would be hard to compare.
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:56 pm

Listening to the podcast right now (#6) good topic ,only advice would be the sound quality. The australian sounds fine but the other guy you can bearley hear(the one giving specs. on serato) voice has alot of bass & muffled,

Anyway I own both MsPinky & DjDecks,I also own SSL , FS & MsPinky Vinyl. MsPinky is the best TVC out there,(IMO) very stable and great for scratching. The GUI in Maxi Patch A/O isn't that great though. This is the main reason I went to DjDecks, thier GUI is much cleaner,logical,bigger,scalable & even costomizable, they allow you to skin them(very nice & many to download)

To be honest the sound engine they use gives a much better sound quality especialy with very slow movement scratches.

* Good looing/cueing

* Great effects

*VST plugin

Sorry to go on about this, but I think it's definitly worth doing a review on them. Maybe you can speak with Adion from http://djdecks.be/

He is the developer/owner of DjDecks, he could give you all the goods.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:44 pm

Yeah thats my voice that doesnt sound good. I was using my powerbook's built-in mic and it seems to muffle my voice and not pick up higher frequencies in my voice.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Oh and Phil is from New Zealnad not Australia. ;-)
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:48 pm

Word, good techinical stuff. Funny how Final scratch isn't so receptive to thier costomers..........don't see them lasting too long.
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:51 pm

djone37 wrote:Oh and Phil is from New Zealnad not Australia. ;-)

My bad, lookin foward to the next show. BTW what format is the downloadable version couldn't get it to play in Windows media player classic.
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:54 pm

afreek1000 wrote:Word, good techinical stuff. Funny how Final scratch isn't so receptive to thier costomers..........don't see them lasting too long.

When I picked up FS2 I bought the pink to use with it. Now that was quite an expensive soundcard.. for the use of the pink. I bought the pink cuz I didn't like the software that NI put out.

I probably could have gotten a better soundcard to use the pink for less...

Talking to serato on the forums, they hint that ASIO / CoreAudio will be out in 1.6.

1.6 will be out when the TTM57SL is out, which is the end of this month or next month.

That will be my soundcard for the pink. :-)
djone37

Post by djone37 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:58 pm

afreek1000 wrote:
djone37 wrote:Oh and Phil is from New Zealnad not Australia. ;-)

My bad, lookin foward to the next show. BTW what format is the downloadable version couldn't get it to play in Windows media player classic.

Try this page:

http://www.podcastpickle.com/casts/11368/
afreek1000

Post by afreek1000 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Thanks again, This page is much better is this the new default for your padcasting?
djone37

Post by djone37 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:02 am

Konstrukt #12: The Digital DJ's Podcast.

Konstrukt Volume #12, Sunday April 23 2006. This week we have a visit form Mex to talk about Ms Pinky. In addition Phil, Mex and Craig cover Somewhere to host your Laptop DJ mixes, A quick review for the Pioneer DJM 800 More good words on Midi Control Surfaces, How to get in the Native Instruments MACTEL Universal Binaries Beta, and the good word on whats coming up soon.

http://konstrukt.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=84124