General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Jahli
Problems with audio going straight through

Post by Jahli » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:28 pm

gear -

Running a 2ghz pentium, 1gb ram, U46DJ.

Numark TTX with M447 cardridge.

problem -

with MsPinky and DJDecks i get the sound from the MP records coming out instead of controlling the audio in either one. my outboard signal flow is right, ttx-u46dj(1&2)-u46dj(1&2)-mixer. Only using one turntable

probably missing something easy, but could use a hand.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Mute all Monitor levels

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:55 pm

To get rid of the control signal feed-thru you need to open up the U46DJ's control panel application and mute all the Monitor levels. While you're at it, you should probably bring down the input levels as well because they generally run too hot with the U46.
Jahli

Post by Jahli » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:59 pm

think i got it, my record was on somewhere for the wave in.

still no control is my main issue.

here's a screengrab of my settings

Jahli

Post by Jahli » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:34 pm

got some control (albeit was backwards and jumbled),

error metric is around .2 in absolute mode, in relative it's -1 and i get nothing
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:02 am

If the audio file plays backwards when the vinyl is spinning forwards, this just means you've got the left/right input channels reversed.

Also be sure that if your TTX turntable is set to output at line level, that you have the input signal selection switches on the front of the U46DJ set to receive "line" inputs. If your error metric is still high, try reducing the input gain levels inside the U46 control panel application.
Jahli

Post by Jahli » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:21 pm

no dice, everything is hooked up properly, have no problems getting DjDecks to work perfect, but nothing from MsPinky.

again, almost reads it in absolute mode, and gets nothing in relative mode.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

My lovely experiences with the U46DJ

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:30 am

Here's my WinXP setup and what I have to do to get Maxi-Patch to work with the U46DJ: I have an HP 2.0 GHz WinXP SP2 machine that I use Maxi-Patch_AO+AV on and it actually works great (even with the U46DJ) though I have to do a couple of weird things (which I shouldn't have to, but anyway...)

1) If I start up Maxi-Patch and find that it can't see the input channels (or there doesn't appear to be any audio coming in), I just quit the app and restart it. Oddly enough, that often seems to help. Once I restart the app (maybe quitting and restarting a couple of times) eventually the input channels are seen by the app and I can get audio into/out from the program successfully. Go figure... :wink:

2) I have to quit just about everything else that is running on the machine besides Maxi-Patch, or there are conflicts with the U46DJ. And I mean EVERYTHING... I even have to turn off my WLAN adapter and Network Places. I've found that having an active ethernet connection to my network does not interfere... but forget about having an active Wireless connection. Pops, clicks, and glitches will ensue if you do.
Tracedj

TTX line output problem.

Post by Tracedj » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:12 am

try not to set the ttx turntable at line output. I got a very high metric error reading when I was testing out this function. Instead, try put it into photo output. This might give you a better metric error reading as well as the latency is concerned. Don't know if you notice it or not, but if you set the TTX to line level, there's a bit of latency problem with the pitch adjust. This latency might be amplified if it goes through the whole U46DJ system.

U46DJ has a built-in phono preamp so it should be okay. Don't forget to set the U46DJ input level to Phono tho : )
Jahli

Post by Jahli » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:50 am

shut down everything else and still no go.

i've tried phono and line coming out of my ttx, reinstalled drivers, programs, etc.. still the same exact problems.
got some control (albeit was backwards and jumbled),

error metric is around .2 in absolute mode, in relative it's -1(negative one) and i get nothing

dj decks still works fine.