EMERGENCY

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
djrndm
EMERGENCY

Post by djrndm » Thu May 18, 2006 6:46 am

maxi patch is no longer working. im on os x 10.4.6 everything was fine (i had previously installed the combo update) and i ran a security update last night... now maxipatch crashes everytime it boots up.

i tried deleting it, downloading a new one and opening that; no deal-- still crashes out???

help computer.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Delete the Preferences Folders

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu May 18, 2006 1:08 pm

Try deleting all Maxi-Patch Preferences files. These are found in "YourUserName/Library/Preferences/Max 4 Preferences Folder" and "YourUserName/Library/Preferences/Maxi-Patch_Prefs Folder". After deleting both of those folders, the app should restart just fine.
djrndm

Re: Delete the Preferences Folders

Post by djrndm » Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 pm

dlpinkstah wrote:Try deleting all Maxi-Patch Preferences files. These are found in "YourUserName/Library/Preferences/Max 4 Preferences Folder" and "YourUserName/Library/Preferences/Maxi-Patch_Prefs Folder". After deleting both of those folders, the app should restart just fine.

it worked. thanks much.

any reason why this happened, or ways i can prevent it from happening in the future?

peace

//RNDM
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Prefs files get corrupted somehow

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri May 19, 2006 4:14 am

Somehow those prefs files get corrupted "RNDM"-ly :wink: and then they cause the app to crash on startup. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it because those files are generated by Cycling-'74 code (Max/MSP)... So we live with having to delete the prefs files from time-to-time. I actually have been able to run it without having to do that for over a year now... so hopefully you'll have smooth sailing now for a while.
djrndm

i wish.

Post by djrndm » Sat May 20, 2006 7:47 pm

ok so i had it up-- for a day. then it went down again.

i went back to delete the prefs file--- and its not even there?

now what?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

What model computer do you have?

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun May 21, 2006 3:11 am

1) What model Mac do you have? (CPU speed, RAM, etc)

2) How much space do you have left on your harddrive?

3) What other apps are you running simultaneously with Maxi-Patch?

4) What audio converter are you using???? Did you say before you're using an M-Box? I hope not... :cry: . Ms Pinky doesn't get along too well with M-Box.

Also-- please email me the crash logs. These are found in "YourUserName/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/" and they should be called Maxi-something... crash log. Email them to "dl.pinkster@mspinky.com". Thanks!