New use for an ipod...and you should use it!

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
christofleeze
New use for an ipod...and you should use it!

Post by christofleeze » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:25 pm

Hello All,

I was looking online the other and found a program called iPodRip. This neat-o little app will allow you to take the songs from your ipod and put them on your computer. The cool thing about this is that you can do some more obvious things like have the ability to audition tracks, or plan sets before a gig and what-not.

the other thing that is kinda cool about this program is that you can store it's install files for the program on your ipod for that undesirable situation where you are at a gig, and your computer is acting a little crazy. If there is another person there w/ a ms pinky setup, you could drop your tracks onto their computer w/ the software.

This happened the other night to me at a gig, and I had to burn a couple of cds before I was able to play my set on a pal's laptop. transfering to an ipod would have saved me a bunch of time.

This is also a good backup of your tracks, which has the added benefit of being able to be played and transported wherever you go.

the program is iPodRip....

::chris::

www.christofleeze.com

www.myspace.com/christofleeze
visit me at:

http://www.myspace.com/christofleeze

If you've got a page, send me a friend request!
djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:01 am

On mac I use Senuti to do the same thing. There is also ephpod for winblows.
c0rey

Post by c0rey » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:09 am

or you could get an iRiver and be able to get whatever you want onto and off of it without any additional software.

just sayin'.

C
klangfreund

Post by klangfreund » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:25 pm

My (opensource) tool of choice for direct song access on a mac is called
iPodDisk
It mounts your iPod as a virtual disk and you can find all your mp3s in the subfolders "Albums", "Artists", "Genres" and "Playlists". Like it should be. You're even able to use spotlight!