I got 1 Turntable and a...

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
halluciNation
I got 1 Turntable and a...

Post by halluciNation » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:35 am

This software looks awesome. Couple pre-purchase questions:

1. Can I use just one turntable with ms pinky, to control the active deck only? That way i can cue up a song, beatmatch it, let it roll and after mixing it, switch the vinyl control to the other "deck." You guys know what I'm saying?

2. Does ms. pinky have anny problems with pitch fluctuations or improper pitch detection from vinyl? I'd like to know ahead of time.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: I got 1 Turntable and a...

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:59 am

halluciNation wrote:1. Can I use just one turntable with ms pinky, to control the active deck only? That way i can cue up a song, beatmatch it, let it roll and after mixing it, switch the vinyl control to the other "deck." You guys know what I'm saying?
Absolutely. In fact, I almost always mix using just (1) single physical turntable, which I alternately apply to two "virtual decks" in the software. Makes setup so much easier.

halluciNation wrote:
2. Does ms. pinky have anny problems with pitch fluctuations or improper pitch detection from vinyl? I'd like to know ahead of time.
In my humble opinion, no. I think our pitch tracking is very stable, one of ms pinky's strengths. Provided, of course, you give her a nice clean and strong signal to work with. :wink:
drunksounds

Mixing with one turntable

Post by drunksounds » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:28 am

Will Ms. Pinky remember the pitch/speed set by the turntable when you switch to the second virtual deck when you mix with one turntable? Torq doesnt have this feature when using Amputate. In Torq you have to adjust the pitch/speed in the program interface, not on the deck, or else the song will change pitch/speed when you try to beat match the second song. Does Ms. Pinky act the same as Torq? Thanks in advance.