.bang - WTF - issues with mp3s not working

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
RegulatorJohnson
.bang - WTF - issues with mp3s not working

Post by RegulatorJohnson » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:27 pm

hi.

i have been using maxi and binky to some great success and fun. however when tryin to apply some of my MP3's to the pink i sometimes great an error message "bang" in maxi and "sorry cant open file" in binky. this seems to be random and frustrating. i have so many MP3's that re=ripping sounds like a lifetime project. i would like to know what can fix this other than converting all the broken ones to .aif then back to mp3. also this is a problem with exporting from garageband 3 into itunes, then into maxi or binnky. aif works fine. m4a doesnt work.. converting from mpa to mp3 creates non-working mp3.. but from garageband as "aif" to disk. then use itunes to make mp3 works fine..ok i can work around it for GB stuff.. but my existing mp3's are still fuct.

any ideas?

suggestions?

help?

anyone?

thanks for your time.
-

statespellingchimp.com

btreemedia.com
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

use iTunes "Convert Selection to mp3", and/or dele

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:06 pm

Here's some info that may help:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=473

And if the problem with the mp3 isn't that it contains artwork, then you can simply use the "Advanced ---> Convert Selection to MP3" feature in iTunes to re-save any troublesome mp3s into another mp3 file at the same bitrate. Ms Pinky software will almost always be able to handle any MP3 that was created by iTunes.
RegulatorJohnson

Post by RegulatorJohnson » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:31 pm

initially i thought that it was the artwork making the problem but i have the issue with and without artwork and it works on mp3's that have and dont have the artwork. i have used one that works and added art to it and it still works in both binky and maxi.

i was using "Advanced ---> Convert Selection to MP3" to makes mp3's.

if i try to re-convert an existing mp3 ...nothing happens it still doesnt work.

if i export from garagaband "save to disk".. it makes an aif that converts fine with ituens.

if i "share with itunes" it makes an m4a file that if i convert to mp3 with itunes it doesnt work.

so it seems that it may be a deeper issue than just the art.

here is the error message in maxi

"Ô error :countryman.mp3: .wav or aiff. header not found, and failed to decode MP3!"

so ill continue digging and find a workaround.

thanks for your time.

jon
-

statespellingchimp.com

btreemedia.com