Maxi-Patch AO

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
ikabod
Maxi-Patch AO

Post by ikabod » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:24 am

Hi,

Already messing around with Maxi-Patch AO but the tracks suddenly stops and doesn't play at all after I pulled down the vinyl ctrl menu.

Am using MACbook 2Ghz, 1.25 RAM, Presonus Firebox.

Any way to switch the screen in to full mode. they're a bit too small, can't see well the waveform.

Thanks.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:16 pm

Do you have your turntables (and/or CD decsk) all hooked up to the computer yet? If you happened to select "vnyl ctrl" from the little pop-up menu in the audio file player region, but you don't have your turntables (and/or CD decks) hooked up correctly to the computer, then the software will simply stop playing because you're asking it to play under VINYL/CD control, but there's nothing there to control it.... So if you DON'T yet have your turntables (and/or CD decks) hooked up to the computer, you can still play files without vinyl/CD control by making sure of two things:

1) Make sure the "vnyl ctrl" option is NOT checked in the little pop-up menu inside the audio file player region.

2) Make sure that the "pitch" number box control is set to something other than "0.0". If you want the file to play at normal speed in the forwards direction, try setting the "pitch" number box to 1.0. If the "pitch" number box reads "0.0", the the file won't play at all.

Also-- are you quite sure you've read through and carefully followed all instructions in the "Quick_Start.pdf" file that is found in the same folder with the Maxi-Patch program you downloaded?
ikabod

Post by ikabod » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:27 pm

You're the man, dlpinkstah!

It's wickedly working now!

After I read the Quicky Guide, it was workin' well, didn't know where I messed up, and that's were I got lost, the numbers on the pitch. :cry:

Yup, you were right, I haven't connected the players yet, coz i'm still making my cables, a bit expensive though, I use NEUTRIK Connctr/SOMMERCABLE.

Thanks A Lot