A Few pinky questions!

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
tokiop
A Few pinky questions!

Post by tokiop » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:22 am

Hello all!

I post a few questions here since search function doesn't seem to work!

My config: PMac G5 2Ghz, Numark TT200, U56DJ

ï Maxi patch (UB 3.6.6) currently crash on startup on my config: it already did that on previous version (3.3.6) when I changed my pref panel sound settings, and worked again when i put the working settings back... But now I can't get the working sound settings so MaxiPatch always quit on startup...
Other than that it works well!!

> What are Maxi-Patch's preference? deleeting these might make it work again!
> Any idea to avoid this problem?

ï I plan to use GridPro to make AV mixing, this program is very powerful (i'm actually working with the demo), but the mspinky connection doesn't work for me, quite frustrating! To use MsPinky with Grid Pro, there's two things to do:
- GP prefs: > Turntable > MsPinky Record [v] activate
- GP prefs: > Audio > Driver: Coreaudio U46DJ, Input Device: U46DJ, Input source: [nothing to select]
- when checking "audio through" I don't hear the pinky signal, and guess what, the vinyl control doesn't work! ;) Which is probably another U46DJ problem more than a MsPinky or Grid problem...

> Does someone use Grid Pro with MsPinky?
> Does someone use GridPro with MsPinky and a U46DJ?
> Any braveheart with this config have time to test with the demo if it works for him? :)

ï A midi crossfader must be really good with MsPinky for audio and video mixing, does someone already tested some? Are they usable compared to analog crossfaders?

> curently looking at "Evolution X-Session Uc-17" which seems good and not too expensive (+- 100 Ä/$)

Thanks and happy MixPinking :p

tokiop
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Delete the Preferences Folders

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:45 pm

If Maxi-Patch is crashing on startup, you need to delete the preferences folders. These are found in YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and are called "Maxi-Patch_Prefs Folder" and/or "Max..."something preferences. Just delete any folders you find there with names like these.

Now-- about using the U46DJ. Elsewhere on this forum I've already stated that I will no longer support this device. Please get rid of it immediately and get something like the M-Audio Conectiv instead.
tokiop

Post by tokiop » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:57 am

Thanks for your quick reply dlpinkstah, MaxiPatch is working well now!

Ok for U46DJ, I was just asking since I only have this soundcard and don't have money for another one, i'll look to M-Audio Contectiv though!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Ms Pinky is not a bitch. ESI has crossed the line....

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:26 am

I don't want to sound mean when it comes to the U46DJ. As you may or may not know, Ms Pinky suffered patiently through more than one year of a very abusive relationship with ESI; during which they repeatedly told us complete lies about the imminent arrival of Mac OSX drivers for the U46DJ. This coupled with many, many other deficiencies in the design of that box have forced us to completely withdraw all support (officially) for this device.

That said, you may actually get the U46DJ to work with your OSX system.
Here's a thread that may be useful to you:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439

Good luck!
:wink:
tokiop

Post by tokiop » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:16 pm

Thanks for the precision, I didn't know about your efforts towards ESI... I bought it on your advice because it sounded and the technicals specs were ideal for my needs.. so thanks for the advice, if ESI was a more respectful firm it would have been perfect!

I succeded making it work with Maxi Patch with you support and help through the forum already but it seems to become very difficult when the setup is a bit more complicated...

Have they advertised the chip mac-compatible? do you have any copy of their mails? I guess we're a bunch of mac users being abused this way...

M-Audio's Torq products look goog but yay $ÄÄ$$ again....

Thanks again for your support!