Couple of pre-purchase questions...

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
lstar24
Couple of pre-purchase questions...

Post by lstar24 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:44 pm

Hey, hows it going all? I've got a few questions about the lady pink before I go ahead and get it. Hope somebody will be able to answer them.

1) Is all the software compatible with the new Intel Macs? I've read that some updates have been released, just hoping this is for most of the software.

2) Which audio converter? I've looked through the forum and found mixed opinions and reviews! Which would be best for an Intel Mac? I don't want to spend too much, maybe the m-audio conectiv? The price seems reasonable here: http://www.dv247.com/invt/froogle/36416/

3) How long will it take to deliver to the UK? I think it works out cheaper than buying it from DACS!

Think these are the main questions for now, there might be more later though!

Thanks for any help,

//Luke*
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: Couple of pre-purchase questions...

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:31 am

1) Is all the software compatible with the new Intel Macs? I've read that some updates have been released, just hoping this is for most of the software.
All Ms Pinky software is now available in "Universal Binary" form and is hence compatible with the new Intel-based Macs.

2) Which audio converter? I've looked through the forum and found mixed opinions and reviews! Which would be best for an Intel Mac? I don't want to spend too much, maybe the m-audio conectiv?

I'm recommending the M-Audio Conectiv to every Ms Pinky users these days. Right now it's definitely the best thing on the market for use with Ms Pinky.

3) How long will it take to deliver to the UK? I think it works out cheaper than buying it from DACS!

We can almost always get vinyl shipped to the UK in (1) week or less, depending mostly on how much traffic the customs agents are dealing with. And since we ONLY ship vinyl (never a hardcopy of the software), you only pay import duties on the vinyl itself.
lstar24

Post by lstar24 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:39 am

Brilliant! Thanks for the quick reply pinkstah, you've made up my mind!

I've been looking into Torq a bit more and it seems like the perfect solution, everyone is raving about it! :D