need help,maxi-patch won't load files

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
spukkin
need help,maxi-patch won't load files

Post by spukkin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:52 am

i've tried using maxi-patch on 2 different systems and seem to be getting the same results.

sony vaio pcg-fx120
pentium 3 running windows xp
700mhz 512 ram
edirol fa-101 interface

and

apple powerbook
os 10.4.6
2ghz intel core duo
512 ram
m-audio firewire 410

i run maxi-patch, it opens just fine and i am able to set it up with my soundcard.
the audio signal from the vinyl is strong.
i load a file into one of the decks and the track name appears, but no waveform data. i try to manually load the waveform data and i see the progress bar, but sometimes the program hangs up or simply does not load the waveform data. either way, when i try to play the track, nothing happens....i assume there just isn't any data loaded.

i've tried to use maxi-patch with both of the setups described above with essentially the same results.

??????

cheers,,,,

spukkin faceship
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Read the "Quick Start" guide

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:26 am

1) Did you read and follow everything in the "Quick_Start.pdf" file that can be found in the same folder with Maxi-Patch when you download?

2) Did you press the little button labeled "play"? You must press that to make an audio file play. Once you press it, it should change color and should now say "stop".

3) What are the "error metric" readings you get from the vinyl demodulator? (found in the "more" settings window of each file player in Maxi-Patch).

4) If you're trying to get it to play under control of the vinyl (or CD), did you select "vnyl ctrl" from the little pop-up menu inside the file player region?

5) Your problem with the waveform not displaying can be solved by only shift-clicking (to make the waveform calculate) on the smaller (upper) of the two visible waveform displays in Maxi-Patch. If you make the waveform calculate by clicking on the larger (lower) waveform display, it will calculate the data just fine, but it won't actually finish loading in the newly calculated waveform image for display until the next time you load the corresponding audio file. Sorry :cry: I know that's a bug. But for now, please just make the waveforms calculate by shift-clicking on the smaller waveform display. Or better yet, why not use the handy-dandy Batch Waveform Calculator? And again-- make sure you've really read through and followed everything in the "Quick_Start.pdf" file...

cheers!