Properly set up pinky (I think) playing songs backwards?

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Funkfish
Properly set up pinky (I think) playing songs backwards?

Post by Funkfish » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:14 pm

So I recently set up ms pinky on my shiny new mac pro computer, I'm using the stanton Final Scratch 2 scratch amp as a converter and interface.

When ever I play a track with the pinky vinyl the song always plays backwards (the backwards switch is not checked) also even though my turntables pitch fader is at 0 pinky is reading about -0.74% and my error Metric is about 0.04 to 0.05 roughly I don't know what else I could be doing wrong, I'm using the Gen 3 vinyl and I have the settings set to Gen 3 vinyl, oddly enough when I switch to gen 2 vinyl on the software but still play Gen 3 on the decks the pitch goes up to -0.98

also..... when I say it plays backwards, I mean it like stutters backwards, like the song will go backwards 2 beats then loop over, nothing is skipping, and my Final Scratch 2 / Traktor 3 setup works solid so I'm wondering what could be wrong.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that this is when using the Maxi-Patch and Pinky Pluggo I'm about to test with Binky toy

*edit* tested with binky toy also behaves in the same way....
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Switch left/right inputs

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Sounds like you just need to switch the left/right input signals from your decks. Having them reversed (as you apparently do) will cause this kind of backwards/stuttering behaviour.