All I get is a buzz...

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
sadie8686
All I get is a buzz...

Post by sadie8686 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:04 pm

I'm only getting a buzzing sound out of Maxi-Patch-AO. I can't even manipulate the waveform by moving the record. I got my Final Scratch 2 amp plugged in to the mixer and tables correctly. I have the outputs of the amp going into my line ins on my mixer and the thru outs of the amp going into the phono ins on the mixer (so I can spin vinyl if I want). I have the switches on the amp turned to phono ( I have tried line), and all I get is a buzzing sound. I have the driver set to Core-Audio Aggregate Device, and my input set to Aggregate device. I have not touched anything else. It won't let me choose the input source, output destination, or playthrough input fields. Am I suppose to download something? Why is it not working? Any suggestions? I didn't install any core audio drivers like the manual said, I just thought the one that came with the Macbook Pro was fine.

Oh yeah, my Aggregate Device is the same as core audio, it just has my other equipment listed under it (such as FS2 amp). I use Aggregate Device as my audio driver when I use Logic Pro with no problems. What should my IO mappings look like in Maxi? I have even changed the firewire cable.
sadie8686

Post by sadie8686 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:13 pm

I am running OSX 10.4.8 by the way. Sometimes (like now), I can't even get Maxi to just play the audio file back by clicking play...
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Make sure the "audio thru" selection is NOT checke

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:54 am

In the audio file player sections of Maxi-Patch, there is the little pop-up menu which contains (6) important options. The second one from the top is "audio thru". Make sure that "audio thru" is NOT CHECKED. If "audio thru" is checked, then the control signal from the Ms Pinky vinyl will feed through to your outputs and cause that noise.