MsPinky Video Scratching on OSX ?

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
n3n
MsPinky Video Scratching on OSX ?

Post by n3n » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:39 pm

Hey All,

Im thinking of getting an Edirol UA-25 and some pink vinyl to do some audio and video scratching. Has anyone experienced with video scratching on osx ? Ive downloaded a few demo programs, but the weren't too hot in my opinion.
Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 am

Hey n3n, naturally video scratching isn't as tactile or tangible as normal vinyl scratching. I tried the older version of this a while ago and got some nice results:

http://www.neuromixer.com/

Let us know how you get on!
lstar24

Post by lstar24 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:13 pm

I've tried downloading a few programs to scratch with Ms Pinky... Maxi-Patch, Modul8, Grid 2, Grid Pro, VDMX and Neuromixer. The only one I've managed to get working is Maxi-Patch... and it's great fun! I've been scratching lightsaber fights to Italian job car chases!

If you get Quicktime Pro and export the video out as photojpeg and the sound as aiff (or convert to mp3) then the results are great. The only downside is the usability of the program.

Controlling audio is not as good in Maxi-Patch as it is in Torq though. Torq picks up the slightest movement in the vinyl but Maxi-Patch seems a bit laggy.

Now I can run Torq and Maxi-Patch at the same time and control both with Ms. Pinky - but obviously the audio and video do not sync up. Is there a way to use Torq and re-wire to control video either in Maxi-Patch or another program? How difficult would it be to use Jitter to create a program like this?

Thanks for any help!