Invisible waveforms

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
2bears
Invisible waveforms

Post by 2bears » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 pm

So, I’m not a complete ms. Pinky novice, but I haven’t used the software much because I’ve primarily been developing my own patches in Max/msp using the ms. Pinky objects. . .
Recently, I’ve gone back to the software, and can’t get the waveform of my soundfile to show up . . . what can I do to resolve this . . . anyone? I think I’ve tried everything . . .

I’m on a macbook pro.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:47 pm

1) Did you shift-click on the larger (lower) waveform display to make it calculate the waveform data? The waveform data has to be calculated by the program before it can be displayed.

2) Once calculated, waveform data is stored in a small file in the same folder with your audio file. The waveform data file has the same name as the audio file it goes with, and the extension ".wvf". The size of the file should be about 64 Kbytes. So you should look in the folder (in the finder) at where your audio files are stored. You should see the .wvf files there too and they should all be about 64 KBytes in size. If the .wvf files are missing, or are shown to be empty (size = 0 KBytes), then they haven't been calculated.

2) Check the color settings for your waveform displays in Ms Pinky's Cosmetic Preferences (accessible from the Ms Pinky & Me Pulldown menu). You may just have dialed in a color combination that makes the waveforms invisible.

3) Did you try the Batch Waveform Calculation window?
2bears

thanks

Post by 2bears » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:12 pm

oh . . . the colour . . ah, ha!

many thanks.