Secondhand MsPinky Records from Ebay?

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Orge
Secondhand MsPinky Records from Ebay?

Post by Orge » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:02 am

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing some secondhand ms Pinky Records from Ebay, but I'm not sure where I would stand? I don't anticipate needing first line support, but I'm primarily a digital dj so I may need replacement records at some time in the future...

I understand this may be a touchy subject, being a small developer. So please bear in mind that I am considering my options, not expecting something for nothing. I'm very mindful that a set from yourselves, or DACS, is not particularly expensive when compared to alternative systems.

Thanks,

James
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Be sure to get 4th Generation.

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Please bear in mind that Ms Pinky has produced 4 generations of vinyl. So be sure that the records you're getting are the latest and greatest (4th Generation). Previous generations were not quite as good in terms of tracking and latency.

And if the vinyl you're buying is used, I'm sorry but we can't offer you the $10.00 USD replacement vinyl price :cry:
Orge

Post by Orge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:41 am

No problem. Roughly, when was the latest generation of vinyl released? These records are ~1 year old?

Cheers,

J

[Edit] You mentioned on another thread that vinyl shipped from the states only attracts tax on the cost of the records (not the software). If so, what's the declared value? [/EDIT]
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:35 am

The current (4th) generation of Ms Pinky vinyl came out around May 2006.
So not quite 1 year ago. It could be that those used records you're thinking of buying are only 3rd generation. And anyway, you should never buy used vinyl sight-unseen! :roll:

When we ship orders with only vinyl (no Conectiv) to other countries, we are only shipping vinyl. The software is downloaded from our website. So the only thing the customs agents see (and charge import duties on) is the vinyl itself. No software ever passes through customs.
Orge

Post by Orge » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:12 am

Ok.
How much is the declared value of the vinyl then?
Cheers,

J
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 pm

I usually put the value at $10.00 USD per record.... so $40.00 USD.