A/V Scratching question

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Manwell
A/V Scratching question

Post by Manwell » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:06 am

Hi everyone

I am looking to add A/V scratching and samples to my setup and I am considering buying Ms Pinky. I have some questions which I hope you can help me with.

At the moment I use Ableton to play back DJ/remix sets on 1 computer and Resolume on another to add bpm synced video. I would like to add a third computer with Ms Pinky for A/V scratching. As the Ableton computer takes care of the sound I only really want to use 1 turntable to control 1 deck in Ms Pinky then mix the two computers outputs. The same applies to the video with a mixer combining Resolume and Ms Pinkys video outputs. My question is concerning the crossfading of both audio and video. I want to be able to crossfade both audio and video at the same time, for example with footage of someone talking so the video is only visible when the audio is audible not so that the audio cuts in and out but the video opacity stays the same. How would I go about setting this up and is it a good idea? I saw an edirol V4 with an audio crossfader added which Coldcut made but I dont fancy trying to make 1 and destroying my gear.

Any input would be great and if anyone has some general tips and advice that would be really useful.

Thanks in advance

Manwell
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:01 am

I'm not sure about your needs but...

with Ms.P (maxipatch av) you could crossfade audio and video tracks synced using a Audio/midi Mixer (today a reality) like Ecler Nuo4, Allen Health series, new Korg Zero series or audio/midi interface like Behringer BCD2000, hercules console, Numark new series or wathever else...

I understand that you work with ableton, you colud integrate Pinky pluggo inside it to do scratching or mixing but not video for at this time, sorry...

What is the use of resolume in your set?
Better than this one... What do you want to do exactly with your set?

Maybe there are solutions for your worries that you may be not have in consideration.

See you

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms