Purchasing extra vinyl/running 6 pluggos in Ableton

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
gjc1978
Purchasing extra vinyl/running 6 pluggos in Ableton

Post by gjc1978 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:49 am

Hi, I was just wondering if it would be possible to purchase two extra MsPinky vinyls so as I could then run 6 instances of MsPinky pluggo in ableton Live and if this is possible how much will they cost? This idea will be used for an interactive installation I am planning where 6 components to a Soundscape can be controlled independently of each other, hopefully by MsPinky vinyl. Also I am planning to save money on the phono pre amps by only purchasing 3 stereo units and using each turntable in mono thus equalling 6. Are there any holes in my plan? Thanks Pinkys
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Extra vinyl (or replacements) are $10.00 each

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Once you've purchased a set of (4) Ms Pinky vinyl from our store

http://www.mspinky.com/store/

then extra vinyls are $10.00 USD each. If you want to purchase a couple extra vinyls with your initial order, that is OK too. Please just contact me via email to let me know what you'd like.

Unfortunately, your plan to mix the vinyl signals down to mono in order to reduce the number of inputs you have to deal with won't work. However, you may be able to save on phono preamps by using a high-gain mic input (if your audio converter has those) or by buying phono preamps directly from me (I have some which I'm willing to sell for $20.00 USD). Regardless, if you want to have (6) turntables all with Ms Pinky vinyl control, you're really going to need a total of (12) analog inputs to your system.
gjc1978

Post by gjc1978 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:19 pm

Thanks very much..... you couldn't have answered my questions any clearer. Bring on a MsPinky Purchase. Also is there anywhere I can post images of the finished installation?