Problem with pluggo

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
dx1200
Problem with pluggo

Post by dx1200 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Hello. I've finally purchased Ms.Pinky. She's smaller than I thought but you know what they say about small packages being the best:)

I'm having a problem loading pinky pluggo in Logic 8. I was already running pluggo demo/runtime and it was installed in my VST folder. I copied the pinky pluggo folder and patch in to the pluggo folder but Logic still has not recognized her. ahhh very frustrating. Yes I've restarted etc.

I'm running a Macbook pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mac osx 10.5.2 Leopard
Logic 8

Also there doesn't seem to be any help files for the Maxi patch or binky toy.I installed everything into my Max/Msp folder. The patches all run fine but when I open the editable patches and look for a help file there is none.

I am still waiting on the records and sound card but I don't think this is the problem.

Help please. Thanks.
"if this was 750 b.c Harry Potter would be crucified"
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: Problem with pluggo

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:16 am

dx1200 wrote: I'm having a problem loading pinky pluggo in Logic 8. I was already running pluggo demo/runtime and it was installed in my VST folder. I copied the pinky pluggo folder and patch in to the pluggo folder but Logic still has not recognized her.
Try downloading and installing the latest version of Pluggo runtime from cycling74.com:
http://www.cycling74.com/downloads/pluggo
dx1200 wrote: I'm running a Macbook pro 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mac osx 10.5.2 Leopard
Logic 8
Unfortunately, the folks at Cycling74 are not supporting OSX 10.5.X (Leopard), at least not until they release the new upcoming version of Max...
dx1200 wrote: Also there doesn't seem to be any help files for the Maxi patch or binky toy.I installed everything into my Max/Msp folder. The patches all run fine but when I open the editable patches and look for a help file there is none.
There is an .HTML user guide for Binky Toy available on the downloads page. For the Maxi-Patch standalone apps, there is a "Quick_Start.pdf" guide that you should read that comes in the same folder with the application. As far as help files for the max/msp patches, there is really just one "example patch" that shows how to use the mptcfs~ object (which is the core Ms Pinky vinyl tracking + audio file scratching code).... it's a patch called "MsPinky_MPTCFS" and it shows all the inputs, outputs, and messages that you'll need in order to use the object. Other than that, the patches provided are there just to serve as examples for how you can use Ms Pinky in max/msp. Before attempting to tear those apart I very highly recommend that you work through all the Max/MSP tutorials that are provided with the Max/MSP documentation download (from cycling74.com).
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

"AudioUnit Scan.app"

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:57 pm

My Bad!! :cry:

Doh! I just realized you're using Logic, which only supports AU plugins. So, the default "Pinky_Pluggo.vst" will of course not be recognized, UNTIL you invoke the demonic power of "AudioUnit Scan.app" which you must go on a brave quest to the faraway lands of cycling74.com to locate. Bring back the magical "AudioUnit Scan.app" and run it on your machine. If you have also installed the "Pinky_Pluggo.vst" in it's proper abode somewhere in "YourUserName/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST...." then a mysterious new audio unit creature will be born and should make itself known to Logic... somehow... at least that's how it works in theory.. :wink: