I'm pretty confused about the whole mspinky thing...

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
Robanada
I'm pretty confused about the whole mspinky thing...

Post by Robanada » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:53 pm

I understand that mspinky is kind of an umbrella, that uses these vinyls with position stamps on them, and they work in other applications.

I found out about mspinky when I was looking for digital vinyl systems, and I understand that the Interdimensional Wrecked System (Hope I'm spelling that right) is a standalone app, roughly equivalent to traktor, SSL, virtual dj, etc?

If not, please correct me, because I'm pretty lost >.<
I'm not a script wizard, so I would have pretty much no use for like...pinky pluggo and stuff (those work as plugins in other apps?)

But, if the IWS is a digital vinyl system, I was hoping someone could post a screeny of the GUI? And also let me know how many decks it supports? Because I know it comes with 4 timecode vinyls- does that mean it supports 4 virtual decks?

Thanks guys
Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:45 am

You're mostly correct about everything. :)

Ms.Pinky is:
1) A timecode vinyl technology that can be used on many soundcards, on windows and mac platforms.

Ms. Pinky runs:
1) As a standalone app, for example, Maxi-Patch:
http://www.mspinky.com/WreckedSystem_MaxiPatch.html

2) As a VST plugin (PinkyPluggo is the name of it), and can be used in other audio software that supports VST plugins, such as Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic (I think?) and many more. If you wanted to use more than two decks, you can use the VST plugins to do so, i.e. one VST plugin per deck.

3) Within other peoples mp3 playing software, such as Torq, Deckadance.

Hope that clears it up!