Hectic mspinky issues

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
moodah
Hectic mspinky issues

Post by moodah » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:29 am

Hi,

Mspinky was working GREAT for me a few months back, until I was doing a set onstage and some chicks pushed all my gear off the stage (by accident).

I had 1 deck repaired that was playing sound out of 1 channel (the coppers in the wires from the tonearm to the motherboard broke inside their rubber sheathes).

Now im having some badass issues with pinkster.

2x PDX2000
1 DJM300s
1 ibm lappy (+ 1 spare that ive tested with)
(the setup i had that worked was the above, and worked 100% of the time so i know its set up correctly).

Decks -> M-Audio Synchoscience -> Mixer

Currently im trying both the new maxipatch version and the old.
The issues are as follows.

Old version ->
---

Deck B works fkn GREAT. No issues. Error metric reads .1 - .2 fine. Plays a whole track start to finish 100%

Deck A however, does a whole variety of strange jumping around from start to finish every x seconds. Error metric reads 2.x - sometimes 3.x.
I cannot figure out why this is though. I tested the connecting groundwire, RCA cable and stylus with that from DeckB and still no improvement. (I also plugged those from the faulty DeckA to DeckB and all the cables / stylus tested fine as well).

Also, Normal vinyls work on both decks with pass through mode 100%.

If i can get this error metric problem fixed ill settle with using the old version for sure.

New Version
----

With the EXACT same mspinky audio settings that i used to (and still have configured) in the old maxipatch - The Problem is when I click play on both buttons, and i start DeckA spinning, it plays BOTH the track loaded onto Deck A and Deck B. The error metric on both playing decks at this time is between 2 and 3.

Also, if deck A isnt spinning while both play buttons are 'on', then i get mad static playing out the left channel on the Mixer.

Moving the vinyl around on Deck B it doesnt affect anything...

See the 2 videos below that i took with my phone to help give you an idea.
(theyre in mp4 format :< )

Basically at the moment, Im suspecting that the Soundcard may be the problem.

All help welcome, Its been month since ive had a proper mix. Im going insane.

-Tez
moodah

Post by moodah » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:31 am

dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Apparently the "fix" to your broken deck has not fully restored it to it's proper working condition. The fact that you're getting huge error metric readings, coupled with the fact that during the unfortunate mishap you describe one of your stereo channels was destroyed, suggests that the deck in question is not providing a true, clean, stereo signal. It could be that the "fix" your repairman provided was to simply wire the one working channel onto both outputs. That can easily be verified by swapping the two decks.

Also check whether the Conectiv interface has the proper "line/phono/mic" settings for the two rocker switches on the top panel above the two large mix knobs.

And you might also want to ask for $$$$ contributions from the fine ladies who destroyed your gear.... :wink: