Vista Eternity x64 OS connectiv problem

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
DJRC420
Vista Eternity x64 OS connectiv problem

Post by DJRC420 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Dear Ms Pinky Fan Club,

Ms Pinky Admin Scott has been a great troubleshooting consultant. He always gets back to me fast and he trying to help me through my current problem, which I'll try to summarize best I can.

I bought an HP dv6948ca and installed a Vista Eternity x64 OS. The Eternity is supposed to be a leaner version of the stock os so I said what the heck lets try it. I'm thinking I should have gone with xp given the grief Vista's given me.

The main problem is that Maxi-Patch won't recognize my connectiv as the native soundcard . The ONLY way I've been able to get any sound is by installing ASIO4ALL which I was told was for adapting cheap built-in style sound cards to high end audio apps when a proper sound card isn't present (which in my case it is).

Here's what I want:

Maxi-Patch --> M-audio drivers --> output

but I can only get sound out of one turntable using this:

Maxi-Patch --> Asio4All --> M-audio drivers --> output

When I try to select the connectiv in the control panel (ad_asioM-AudioUSB) I get this message:

The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the usb settings. Check the sync settings in the control panel.

I know the ASIO is only adding a more confusing step into the mix but I can't seem to make it work any other way. I've tried to fiddle with the sample rate setting but none of them work. I've installed and reinstalled everything in different sequences and it doesn't change the ad_asioM-AudioUSB to just M-AudioUSB.

This post is my last ditch effort before I scrap vista and downgrade to xp (I'm not quite ready for linux and don't want to join the mac army). What are my options? Which version of xp runs Mavi-Patch_AV the best? Any other a/v related tips?

Maxi-Patch_AV is still a great program as I have used it on other computers for a couple years now somewhat reliably.

Oh how I suffer for my art.
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Buy a mac (mini if you want)

Vista get too many problems for audio and video...

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 pm

I'm truly sorry to hear yet another tale of woe in the endless stream of stories of agony caused by that shittiest of all operating systems-- WINDOZE. And the worst part is that there is really nothing I can do about it. :cry:

But while you have your setup as it is-- have you tried to run the Torq application? I believe it is Vista-compatible.

I also just checked the m-audio.com drivers and software update site, and they have a recent version of the Conectiv drivers for Windoze Vista 64-bit. Have you tried installing the latest drivers for Vista?
Ezmyrelda

Post by Ezmyrelda » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah I totally understand your sitch too. It's hard to say but I think it might be the windows version. I waited for a long time.. upgraded to windows 2000 and then and only when I thought xp was ready did I upgrade. I deal with people on a daily basis that I have to tell them its a simple incompatibility. either time or a wild spirit will solve the problem. Vista is just not ready for the broad range of creativity that humanity can throw at it. Much less Windows 7.

What might be hopefully constructive by me is.

Blow away all dem drivers.

Uninstall asio4all and try the latest conectiv drivers with deckadance. Ms.Pinky has never failed me but situation-ally deckadance has never failed me either. If that doesn't work.. its seriously gotta be Vista..

I got problems with my triggerfinger, but the conectiv has worked without fail every time I've used it.

In fact I switched quicktime to it and thats what I'm listening to now. If I listen to something on the internet.. Thats turning the Cue from A to B.

XP Sp2. Staying there for a while.