Thinking of making the switch to Ms Pinky

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
djnelson
Thinking of making the switch to Ms Pinky

Post by djnelson » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:43 pm

Hi,

I'm currently using Torq with the Control Vinyl on my Laptop with Windows XP.

Torq hasn't been very reliable and I'm getting a skipping or stutter effect happening to the track towards the end of songs after about an hour.

Is there a trail version of Maxi-Patch that I could try out before moving over?

As I am working off Windows XP and Torq is not reliable for my shows, a lot of my fellow DJs recommend I get an Apple PC, but this is not feasible for me. Is there any reliability differences using Ms Pinky as it seems Torq (M-Audio) are using the same or similar vinyl system?

Also is anyone using Ms Pinky with the Torq connectiv on Windows XP? And what are your thoughts?

Thanks
Nelson
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:21 pm

The latest version of Maxi-Patch is very stable on WinXP, in my humble opinion. However, I think EVERYTHING just generally works better on the Mac. So if you REALLY want improved stability, reliability, low-latency, trouble-free performance with your Torq/Conectiv and/or Ms Pinky, then by all means switch to Mac OSX ASAP.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 pm

I would love to be able to afford a Mac but at the moment I have to stick with my current laptop.

Also another option was to go the linux root. I had ubuntu studio before and it was really difficult to configure the sound card or to get anything working it always took a lot of googling and try and error. Any one try fedora or debian?

Thanks