Possible to use Pinky with one channel?

General and Miscellaneous Topics regarding MsPinky
gavspav
Possible to use Pinky with one channel?

Post by gavspav » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 am

Is it possible to use Ms Pinky with one channel?

Just wondering if its possible to use in Max for Live and keep one channel free for mic input.

Obviously I can use a separate track for audio in but its making my patching more tricky.

Thanks

***Edit I should say that I have tried routing one channel to both inputs in the pinky object and it seems to work but does it have any implications for accuracy/stability etc

Hmm just realized I'm not getting any negative velocity information with just the one channel so I guess it won't work?
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Ms. Pinky object (as any DVS system) need two channels for accurate position tracking.

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Mudo's right. You really do need both channels of the control signal in order for it to work.
guinee

maybe?

Post by guinee » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 pm

I seem to be controlling vinyl ok with one line in:

1200 > rolls preamp > a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter >1instrument line-in on apogee one.

I believe these connections are all balanced stereo, no?

any possibility for controlling both decks' pitch control separately in ms. pinky with just one turntable? would the M4L patch be capable of doing so?

maxi patch sounds soooo much better than serato. fat resample is ill.
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:06 am

Hi,

What I do at home to use 1 deck and control two mp3s is use the VST or Pluggo instance in my DAW. I use a free one called Arguru (http://www.aodix.com/pageaodixv4.html).

I connect the same input to the two separate instances of Ms Pinky. Select Vinyl control on the instance I wish to pitch / synch in.

After a mix, turn off vinyl control on the 2nd track. Swap over to the other instance and turn on vinyl control and cue up the next track.

I hope that helps you out or is what you were looking for.

Cheers
Nelson
Mudo

Re: maybe?

Post by Mudo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:50 pm

guinee wrote:I seem to be controlling vinyl ok with one line in:

1200 > rolls preamp > a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter >1instrument line-in on apogee one.

I believe these connections are all balanced stereo, no?

any possibility for controlling both decks' pitch control separately in ms. pinky with just one turntable? would the M4L patch be capable of doing so?

maxi patch sounds soooo much better than serato. fat resample is ill.
DjNelson way is the RIGHT way. DVS need BOOTH channels for do the CORRECT TRACKING. Try to swap your L/R lines and discover why by yourself.

:P

Thanks DjNelson for your help!

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Mudo : Thanks 8)

I think your sound card device is a mono device?

Is this the device "apogee one":

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TW753ZM/A#overview

If so I think you need to connect to the two inputs if the jack input into the device is a mono input. In the FAQs on that page above someone mentions using the two line-ins to get a stereo input.

I'm not fully familiar with this device so these are only my suggestions from what I read on-line... :D

EDIT: I just want to add, and maybe more directly answer your original question, that you definitely need stereo (2 inputs) for the time-code vinyl to work.