Ableton Live and Pinky Pluggo

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
sergeo
Ableton Live and Pinky Pluggo

Post by sergeo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:18 pm

Hello there,

From the things seen on the forum and the website, I realised that one can use two (or more) pinky pluggo's in Ableton Live (or any other sequencer) in order to have control over the tunes from the decks and at the same time using the effects and plugins of your favorite sequencer.

Are there people in here that have this kind of setup i.e. Ableton Live + pinky pluggos so they can share their experiences with us?

and

Is there any chance that there will be Timecode cds for ms.pinky software?

Thanks
mobius

The Pinky PLugin and Ableton Live

Post by mobius » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:17 am

I have had a great time spinning my favorite wav file inside ableton live , I can scratch and mix with ease using 2 or more pinky plugins at the same time. If you have a midi controller it gets even better. You can midi map the pinky plug in functions inside the generic ableton plug in window. I also like to midi map the track that each plug in is on, so with a push of a button I switch to the track I want to view/edit, I usually leave the pinky plug in window open for each instance . With the pinky plugin I only need 1 turntable to mix because I can midi map the vinyl cotrol on/off function for each instance of the plugin, I use the one control signal to control as many plugins as I want , wich is great if you have a complex scratch routine planned , and don't want to waist time loading files durring the performance. You got the right idea , and it works...
djshiva

Post by djshiva » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:56 am

oooooh...this makes me happy. i was just pointed in this direction this evening, and this new vst version is really piquing my interest.

new to the forum, but wondering (since i am a noob), if you are using mspinky in ableton live, do you use the live browser to find your audio tracks and load them, or is there a utility in mspinky that you select from?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Ableton file browser integration

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:00 am

Plans are afoot to allow Pinky Pluggo to access Ableton Live file browser for easy and rapid file selection. Timeframe for this is not certain, but it will happen.

For now, you can drag 'n drop files from file system folders outside the host application, or you can use a button inside the Pinky Pluggo to pop open a file selection window.. which has memory so that if you browse to a given folder with it, the next time you press the button it opens up that same location.

Alternatively, if you're running OSX-- why not check out Klangfreund's awesome Pinky-enabled plugin? (See the thread on this forum...) He's got a pretty sweet little file browser thing going on in his plugin that will please you...
djshiva

Post by djshiva » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:09 am

wow...

so far pretty impressed with the quick response to my question from the pinkstah! :)

this definitely sends me even further in the pinky direction. ;)

using a PC right now, but this whole concept just sent my brain off thinking of the possibilities.

you may have pulled me off the serato scratch track and into mspinky territory.

:D
klarky

Post by klarky » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:47 pm

drag n drop and wave form view are all im missing from the plug right now - so glad to hear its being looked at re drag n drop
TequilaKez

Post by TequilaKez » Fri May 26, 2006 11:52 pm

Yes. Big fan of Ableton + Pinky for both scratching, and for mixing my own Live tracks into Vinyl. The pinky pluggo instances load very quickly and the setup is much more versatile and stable vs Maxi patch.

Excellent news on the file browser as that was my only gripe.

That and can we please include the audio file name and the state of the play button in the parameters that are stored when we save a song so when I load a Live set I can start scratching straight away?
djone37

Post by djone37 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 pm

Does the pluggin work with Ableton Live Lite? I'm thinking of getting a trigger finger and thats the version that comes in the box.
mickdelaney

How exactly are u using it??

Post by mickdelaney » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:35 pm

hi,

i was wondering/trying to figure out how ur using it with ableton..

say for example i'm playing a cd deck and want cue up live to it, so i have a turntable with a pinky record on it which then controls the tempo & location of the track in live and i simply cue it as i normally would a vinyl, is that how it works?

what about the internal clock in live? does that sync up as u say scratch or backspin a pinky vinyl?

cheers!!!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

not currently

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:15 pm

The Pinky Pluggo is currently only for scratching audio files within a VST/AudioUnit/RTAS host such as Ableton. It currently doesn't send any control information back into the host program, but we're working on that....
klarky

Post by klarky » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:42 pm

now that would be sweet - as i was considering getting m-audios torq when it launches just for the re-wire ! now if only there was a plugin that would allow control dj style of abletons clips, pipe dream but what the hey
sadie8686

Hi, I'm new to this...

Post by sadie8686 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:12 pm

Hi, I'm new to Pinky Pluggo. I just got my pinky records, but I have to wait for the universal binary version of Pluggo to use it w/Ableton. How do you use Pluggo w/Ableton. 1)Do you open Pluggo or Maxi in Ableton as a VST? 2)Do you only open it once? 3)Does that let you control each "vinyl" track seperately w/all of Ableton's tricks?

Thank you.

Jimmy :lol: