Does Pluggo still support VST,can't get pinky pluggo to work

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
jriles
Does Pluggo still support VST,can't get pinky pluggo to work

Post by jriles » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:55 pm

Perhaps this is a stupid question but I tried to copy the pinky_pluggo file into the vst folder (harddrive/library/audio/plug-ings/vst/) and I canÌt seem to find it in logic express, I installed pluggo and got that to work, I can find those plugins in the Audio Units. I also tried to copy the pinky_pluggo file into the pluggo folder (hard drive/library/audio/plug-ings/vst/pluggo/) and still nothing. I also found this on the cycling74 website:

It's true -- Pluggo for OS X no longer supports hosting of VST plug-ins. We found that it was a full time job keeping up with supporting all the different possible varieties of VST plug-ins that could be used, and that we'd always viewed VST hosting as more of a bonus feature for pluggo from the very start. If you're interested in hosting VST plug-ins, we would recommend dedicated VST wrapper software products such as the VST Wrapper.

IÌm not sure what that means.

If anyone can help I would be very thankful
jriles

nevermind

Post by jriles » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:20 pm

didn't realize you had to run the Pluggo AU Scan, so I found it now
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

VST works great for my Pinky Pluggo, how about yours?

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:41 am

Hey jriles-

Did you get the VST version working? I've double checked it on my end and it's working great as a VST inside Ableton Live. I'm running OSX Tiger 10.4.4.

-DLP
jriles

yes

Post by jriles » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:18 pm

yeah I got it to work as a VST plugin, and now there are a ridiculous amout filters to work with. I do have one question though, when using the pluggo filters, or plug-ins, I will occationally get this wierd noise comming from them (only for a couple sec.), it's almost like the computer is having trouble processing the information, or is something that happends because it's only the Demo version of pluggo. Do you know what is the main difference between the demo version and the full version is?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Ahhh-- the sound of a plugin crying for its Authorization!

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:58 pm

Ahhh-- the lovely sound of a plugin crying for its Authorization!! :lol:

Yes-- that wonderful tone is how Cycling-'74 entices you to purchase a fully authorized copy of Pluggo... which I highly recommend, by the way... but which you are not absolutely required to do in order to use the Pinky Pluggo. You'll notice that if you're just using Pinky Pluggo that sound won't occur....

peace,

DLP