waveform display - problem solved

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
klarky
waveform display - problem solved

Post by klarky » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:01 am

loving the pluggo in ableton, works great but i really miss not having a waveform to look at. any chance this could be working any time soon??

thanks
Last edited by klarky on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

there is a waveform display.. get your eyes checked

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:48 am

Uhhhh, am I missing something here? There is most definitely a waveform display in Pinky Pluggo, on both the XP and OSX versions. Right at the bottom of the main interface view of the plugin. Don't you see it? It's the same waveform display as in Maxi-Patch_AO/AV/etc...
klarky

Post by klarky » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:45 am

nope on my laptop using the pinky plug in ableton i have the progress line but no waveform displayed of the file im playing - hmm is there something wrong at my end then?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

shift-click on the waveform display

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:16 am

The waveform data for each file that is loaded by the plugin is not automatically calculated. But once it has been calculated, it will be stored in a file with a .wvf extension in the same folder as the sound file itself, and subsequently when you open that file its waveform display will be restored instantly. But if you open a file that has no corresponding .wvf waveform already calculated, you have to make it be calculated by shift-clicking on the waveform display. After shift-clicking on the waveform display it will post a little message "calculating..." and it will do the calculations and then display.

You may also be interested in using the Batch Waveform Calculation tool in Maxi-Patch_AV/AO. See the QuickStart guide for Maxi-Patch for more details.
klarky

Post by klarky » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:26 am

i bet it pays to rtfm!!! lol - sorry bout that, but the shift + click works!! hooray

i dont use the maxi patch, my desktop pc wont run it properly, no open gl driver for it, and to be honest i like the plug in inside ableton
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Just use the "AO" version

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:15 am

For those of you on graphically challenged systems (or if you just don't give a crap about playing QT movies while you're spinning music) we have the "AO" (audio-only) version of Maxi-Patch which will make absolutely no demands on your system for things like OpenGL drivers. And the "AO" version also has the nice Batch Waveform Calculator so you can pre-calculate all the .wvf files for you music collection and not have to do it every time you load up a new file to play...
klarky

Post by klarky » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am

yeah i tried to use it but for whatever reason it wouldnt load a few files so i started with the plug in, and it suits me down to the ground, could do with being a resizeable window as its a bit dinky, but im happy!! :)