help!

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
sadie8686
help!

Post by sadie8686 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 am

Hello, I'm new to all this and need help.

I already have FinalScratch2, and M-audio410interface w/Ableton. I was told to sell this and get Ms Plinky and another interface. I want to spin all my vinyl on FS2 or Ms Plinky (which I am confused about). I have a Macbook Pro (I know I have to wait for universal binary) and a Numark 5000 5 channel mixer. What is the setup for me to spin my reords (from a program like FS2 or Ms Plinky), and Ableton tracks all out my Numark mixer? I also want the output of the records in the FS2 or Ms. Plinky to be processed in Ableton at my performance.

How do I buy Ms plinky pluggo, how much is it? Does it control Live's tracks?? :D
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Use the FS2 Firewire Interface

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:58 am

If you already have the FS2 FireWire Interface, I'd recommend using that with Ms Pinky. You can plug your turntables (or CDJ's) directly into the FS2 and then select it as the audio I/O device to use with Ableton, or with Ms Pinky's Maxi-Patch programs. Having the FS2 makes the setup much easier!!! So no, don't sell your FS2. Keep it and use it with Ms Pinky.

Since you have a Macbook, you will have to wait a little while longer for a Universal Binary version of Pinky Pluggo. Ms Pinky already has Universal Binary versions of her Maxi-Patch programs, but Cycling-'74 has not released UB version of Pluggo yet, so we're stuck waiting until they do. It should be real soon, though.