PLUGGO IS UB!!

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
4ace
PLUGGO IS UB!!

Post by 4ace » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:03 am

Has anyone got this going yet?

I'll get around to trying it this week and report back......
iMac duo core 2.0 ghz 512 Mb OS X.4.7

MOTU Ultralite
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Pinky Pluggo is UB, too

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:27 pm

Just uploaded a new Universal Binary build of Pinky Pluggo.

To use it you'll need to download and install the latest version of

Pluggo Runtime (or the full verion) from cycling74.com.
obee

Post by obee » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:25 pm

yo, i've tried testing it and can't get it working in the new live 6 demo, anyone had any success with it yet?
4ace

Post by 4ace » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:05 pm

I've got it working in Live 6 no problem.....was up till 3am Live is the BIZ.

Make sure you've downloaded the correct installers....Lord knows there's a few :roll:

The ONLY problem i'm having is with adjusting the buffer in live to anything other than 512 gives me shit playback.......very crunchy sounding...

As long as i leave it at 512 it works!!!!

MOTU Ultralite
obee

Post by obee » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:52 am

aww man, i've been waiting ages for this and now that its out i can't get it to work!

I'll try and work on the problem myself for the time being but i'll leave the specs of my system up and the error messages i recieve just in case anyone can help me with this or if tis happening to anyone else.

I'm running OS 10.4.7 on a macbook with 2 gigs of ram. I've installed the demo binary of pluggo 3.6 and also the runtime binary for this version. I've downloaded the demo version of live 6.0.1. When i load the plugin onto a track, the plugin loads but looks like it doesn't load successfully as in any of the views i can't see the standard interface. On the interface view i can see a small screen with max/msp objects on it and some text saying (textedit). I think the plugin isn't loading correctly as on the parameters screen i get an error at the bottom reading "pluggo effect: there were 159 errors loading this effect" and on the messages screen i get a load of errors stating "error: X: no such object" and "error: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/C74 Plugin support..."

Thanks to anyone who can help me sort this problem out, i'm just thinking now, do you reckon this could be to do with the fact my demo period for Max/MSP has expired?

Cheers Obee
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Run the Pluggo Cleaner app

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:58 pm

This sounds like a conflict with an older version of Pluggo. Did you ever install an older (prior to 3.6) version of Pluggo on your system? If so then I'll bet you need to run the Pluggo cleaner application, which should come with your download of Pluggo. The cleaner should get rid of any older versions that are lying around and interfering with the new one.

If you successfully installed Pluggo Runtime 3.6, then it shouldn't care at all about whether the Max/MSP demo period has expired... but do make sure you really installed "Pluggo RUNTIME 3.6"...
4ace

Post by 4ace » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:30 pm

Yeah,..... Pinkstah's on point with that.I had a similar situation and after running the "clean out" program and doing a fresh install it all work's.

I don't suggest having that pluggo demo on the same machine as pluggo runtime.I'd just try to keep it simple if ya know what i mean.

Pinkstah, any suggestion's on my issue with buffer size i mentioned earlier?

MOTU Ultralite
obee

Post by obee » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:08 pm

yo, solved the problem, it was to do with conflicting versions of pluggo i think. i realised that ableton had problems running some of the pluggo plugins so i completely removed them and reinstalled the runtime binary and now all works well!

I've noticed that the plugin works a lot better when you uncheck the box in the ableton preferences that says multicore/multiprocessor support. For some reason i seems to distort a lot more with it on and there are also options for specifiying the buffer size for plugins if that helps.

Ob
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

I definitely recommend more RAM

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Right off the bat I'd recommend increasing your RAM supply. I don't think OSX can really run satisfactorily with only 512 MBytes RAM. 2.0 Gigs is what I have and it seems very happy.

Have you also tried the new UB Binky Toy to see how low you can go with Buffer Size in another program?
4ace

Post by 4ace » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:17 pm

I repaired permission's logged out and it's working fine......

I will get more ram asap......

MOTU Ultralite