Problem with live

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
funxion2
Problem with live

Post by funxion2 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:39 am

Heej!

I have a problem with pinky pluggo UB on my MBP in ableton Live 5.2.

I've installed the cycling 74 demo, converted the plugin and imported it in Live.
But when I drag the plugin to a channel, the only thing that shows up is a tiny box of (8*2) cm. The plugin seems te be working, but I just can't see all of the parameters, buttons etc. That window is just to small.
Any solutions?

mvg
Dieter
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Use the C-74 Plugin Cleaner

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:54 pm

Here's the step-by-step that should work:

1) Download the very latest and greatest version (3.6.1) of Pluggo RUNTIME (it's free!) from

http://www.cycling74.com/downloads/pluggo

2) Run the "C74 Plug-in Cleaner" utility that is inside the downloaded archive. This will wipe your Pluggo slate clean so we're certain of the right version.

3) Run the installer for Pluggo RUNTIME 3.6.1.

4) Get the very latest and greatest version of Pinky Pluggo for OSX from the Ms Pinky downloads page. Install the "Pinky_Pluggo.vst" file at
YourUserName/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/ and you should now be ready to use it inside a host app such as Ableton. Although the interface view for this version of Pinky_Pluggo is very small, it shouldn't be as small as what you describe. You should be able to see all controls, and a little waveform view, like this:

http://www.mspinky.com/WreckedSystem_Pluggo.html

I'm actually using Live 6.0.1 on my Macbook Pro, OSX 10.4.8, but I don't think the fact that you're using a slightly older version of Live should make a difference. I think the big thing is to be sure to run the Plugin Cleaner utility and re-install the latest version of Pluggo....

A version of Pinky_Pluggo with a much better interface is coming soon.... :wink:
funxion2

Post by funxion2 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:24 am

magic! it works! thanks a lot!

A version of Pinky_Pluggo with a much better interface is coming soon.... Wink
ahaaaa :wink: