Pinky Pluggo, version 1.5 beta for OSX: Bigger & Better!

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Pinky Pluggo, version 1.5 beta for OSX: Bigger & Better!

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:58 am

A new beta version (1.5) of Pinky Pluggo is now ready for all Fan Club members to download and (hopefully) enjoy. Unfortunately, it's for OSX only right now. WinXP version coming soon.

New features:

1) Built-in file browser. It's simple, but effective. Just load in the root folder of your music collection and Pinky Pluggo will scan all folders beneath it. The names of the folders are displayed in a scrolling list. Click on the name of a folder, and the names of the files it contains appear in the scrolling list below it. Click on an individual filename to select it, then click "load" to open it. Or you can browse for files the old way by clicking the "browse" button.

2) Zoomable Waveform. Just like in Maxi-Patch. Now there are two waveform displays in Pinky Pluggo. The smaller (upper) display shows the whole file's waveform. The larger (bottom) display shows a zoomed-in portion of the waveform. You can select the zoom factor, and auto-scrolling behaviour.

3) Spinning record location visualizer. A new bit of eye candy. Shows a circular representation of your virtual 12" record. A small black point shows the current playback point as it spins around. A darker pink region shows the surface area that is actually "covered" by your sound file. Lighter pink region shows "blank" silent space on your virtual 12". We think this visualizer can be very useful for eyeing the backspin stop point that you want when beat juggling-- in conjunction with the zoomed waveform view.

This is a BETA version, so please bear with us. More features and improvements on the way :wink:
Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:30 am

Very cool!

I've only played around for an hour or so but I'm finding it stable and all the new features useful.

Would the 'features and improvements' on the way include support for AAC files perchance? This is the one thing I think we're all dying to see . . . :D

Thanks,
Bull
ruklaw

Post by ruklaw » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:06 am

Roll on XP Version :D
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Joo got eet.

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:54 am

OK. WinXP build is now ready:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2272#2272

Passed prelimary tests. Up to you guys to beat it up good, and find the bugs :wink:
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 am

I think I've found one, but it's very Live 6 specific.

What I usually do is make a rack with multiple Pinky Pluggo instances, each with a different audio file and select them with the rack's chain selector. It looks like this:

The other chain also has a gate and a Pinky Pluggo instance.

The problem is that even when I choose a different sample for each instance, when I save the same sample of the last chain selected is copied to the other instances. It happened first in a big set I have, then I tried it just with 2 tracks for Pinky, and it does the same.
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:04 am

Also, a little request. Could you put 1.0 back in the downloads page along with 1.5, at least while it's a beta, Just in case someone (me) has to jump back to the last stable release.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Old version (1.0) now available again

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:07 pm

OK. I posted new archives for the Pinky Pluggo on the downloads page that now have the older version (1.0) included inside. Lemme know if that helps your problem any.