Pinky Pluggo, version 1.5 beta for WinXP: Bigga & Betta!

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Pinky Pluggo, version 1.5 beta for WinXP: Bigga & Betta!

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:52 am

A new beta version (1.5) of Pinky Pluggo (OSX and WinXP) is now ready for all Fan Club members to download and (hopefully) enjoy.

New features:

1) Built-in file browser. It's simple, but effective. Just load in the root folder of your music collection and Pinky Pluggo will scan all folders beneath it. The names of the folders are displayed in a scrolling list. Click on the name of a folder, and the names of the files it contains appear in the scrolling list below it. Click on an individual filename to select it, then click "load" to open it. Or you can browse for files the old way by clicking the "browse" button.

2) Zoomable Waveform. Just like in Maxi-Patch. Now there are two waveform displays in Pinky Pluggo. The smaller (upper) display shows the whole file's waveform. The larger (bottom) display shows a zoomed-in portion of the waveform. You can select the zoom factor, and auto-scrolling behaviour.

3) Spinning record location visualizer. A new bit of eye candy. Shows a circular representation of your virtual 12" record. A small black point shows the current playback point as it spins around. A darker pink region shows the surface area that is actually "covered" by your sound file. Lighter pink region shows "blank" silent space on your virtual 12". We think this visualizer can be very useful for eyeing the backspin stop point that you want when beat juggling-- in conjunction with the zoomed waveform view.

This is a BETA version, so please bear with us. More features and improvements on the way :lol:
brock

Post by brock » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:12 am

friggin sweet! I am so exited!

any luck getting drag and drop from Ableton browser?
ruklaw

Post by ruklaw » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:45 am

:D This seems to work pretty good so far. I haven't been able to give it a real thrashing as I was having soundcard troubles on my left deck, but I'll give it a bit more of a crack over the next few days.
I love the new graphics, but I'm not so sure about the file browser so far- seems a bit slow and doesn't quite work how I want- if you could make one that works like the DJDecks file browser that'd be great- especially if it could read BPM tags to stop me attempting, well, shall we say ambitious mixes.
Is there an option to hide it at the moment?
brock

ringer

Post by brock » Thu May 17, 2007 8:41 am

I gave this a test drive when it first popped up, and actually had some weird results with songs glitching and having pitch issues. However, I recently did a couple tracks and got to use the pinky pluggo and it was rock solid. This was all scratch work, but I was using it for hours on end with no issues.

My previous issues were doing long continuous house mixes, and I havn't tried to do that again with pinky pluggo since getting turned on to DJ Decks.

If we could get drag-and-drop from the Ableton browser... well that would rock.
brock

Post by brock » Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 am

oh yea...

I had an idea... In this last project I was working on I was loading up multiple instances of pinky pluggo and then using the same vinyl control signel on them all at the same time.... scratcing multitrack files is really a trip. I thought it would be really cool if a single instance of pinky pluggo could load multiple files.... like a whole folder of files.
paniago

Post by paniago » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:01 pm

where do i download it??

thanks!! :wink: