pinky pluggo vst in cubase

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
bb01
pinky pluggo vst in cubase

Post by bb01 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:39 pm

I always research my purchases very, very thoroughly. :oops:
I think Im finally ready to make the jump.
Why? Vinyl control as vst!!

Ive just a couple of quick questions;

1- Does it work under cubase on xp, as long as you have the windows pluggo runtime? (edit; found it, it does indeed)

2- Is the vst effect (pinky pluggo) a real time effect, or does the audio (already on the audio track) get 'mixed up' and get sent to an other track?

3- Does this mean that one doesnt need anymore to route the audio back out from the pc, to end up with a 'dry' and a 'wet' version?

4- Does this open up the possibility to add cuts to the pinky signal? (so as to record the crossfader action)

I havent read similar questions, but apologize if these are asked before.
Thanks. Eager to hear from anyone that knows.
:)
bb01

Post by bb01 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 pm

Anyone?

I'm just curious as to how to set up the vst.
Does it behave like any other plug-in, as in: you put it in a send-return path on an audio track? Can you use it real-time, or does the audio have to be there already?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Re: pinky pluggo vst in cubase

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:36 pm

bb01 wrote:1- Does it work under cubase on xp, as long as you have the windows pluggo runtime? (edit; found it, it does indeed)
Yes, it does. You are correct.
bb01 wrote:2- Is the vst effect (pinky pluggo) a real time effect, or does the audio (already on the audio track) get 'mixed up' and get sent to an other track?
It's definitely a real-time effect, though not really as you're probably used to thinking of effects. The goal of Pinky Pluggo is not to alter the incoming audio. The incoming audio to Pinky Pluggo needs to be the sounds of the Pinky vinyl playing on your turntable, routed appropriately by your host program to the audio track where you have instantiated the Pinky Pluggo. But that audio input signal is just used as control information to scratch audio samples loaded into the plugin.
bb01 wrote:3- Does this mean that one doesnt need anymore to route the audio back out from the pc, to end up with a 'dry' and a 'wet' version?
Actually you will probably want to route the audio back out in order to apply "cuts" with the crossfader on your DJ mixer. Alternately, you can map a MIDI controller of some kind to subsequent audio volume controls after the plugin in order to apply cross-fader-like articulation to the sound.
bb01 wrote:4- Does this open up the possibility to add cuts to the pinky signal? (so as to record the crossfader action)
You definitely should NOT apply crossfader cuts to the pinky control signal (as played on your decks). The sound coming from your decks as they play the pinky control record should NEVER be interrupted, otherwise, all hell will break loose. But, if you have a MIDI-mappable crossfader (like the X-Session Pro, for instance) you can apply your crossfader cuts directly in the digital domain to the output from the Pinky Pluggo. Otherwise, you need to run the audio signal output from Pinky Pluggo out to the analog crossfader on your DJ mixer. Then run the output of your mixer back into the session on yet another channel
:wink: A little complicated, but that does work for now....
bb01

Post by bb01 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:40 pm

thanks a lot for that reply - really helpful.