loading clips from the temp. folder in Live!

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
I/O
loading clips from the temp. folder in Live!

Post by I/O » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm

hallo everybody
this is my first post !!

i use Pluggo VST with Live! 5.2 in a PowerBook 1.33 OSX 10.4

i am trying to record CLIPS in Live! and load them directly in Pluggo.I point Pluggo to the folder where Live! keeps the temp. recorded files and load them from there, without the need to make a render.
The latest recorded clip won t load correctly (the word "bang" appears where the file s name field), so i only need to record an extra clip to be able to load the previous one.
The problem is that sometime it won t just load some clips/files without any logical meaning: it will load them later or it won t load them at all.
Anybody has had this issue before?

Simone
I/O

Post by I/O » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 am

eh! i can t believe nobody s tried to load Live! clips "on the fly" b4!!!
c'mon am i the only one having an issue with it?
cheers
simone
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:33 pm

While Ableton is actively recording something to a file you won't be able to load that file into the plugin. The reason is that the header information in the file won't be accurate until Ableton has completely finished recording the file, updated its header information to match the length of the recording, and written all the buffered data to the file. So that's why you have to begin the recording of a new clip before the previous clip can be loaded. I understand this may seem inconvenient to you, but it's simply due to the fact that Ableton refuses to share much information about loaded files/clips/etc with plugins of any kind.
I/O

Post by I/O » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:30 pm

hi
thanks for the input.. i am aware of what you ve written, but the problem is another
The problem is that sometime it won t just load some clips/files without any logical meaning: it will load them later or it won t load them at all.
there has to be something else that will stop PP to load some files: it will happen also with certain files for example flash video transcoded to .aif

tx
simone
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:12 am

Simone,

Can you please e-mail to me an example file that PP can't load? That way I can probably detect the bug (if there's one) that's causing this.....

even better would be if you can post some of these <<problem>> files on a ftp site somewhere so I can download them and run tests....

Thanks!!
I/O

Post by I/O » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:54 pm

hi
we can use my server no problem, i ll PM you user and password when i am ready
simone
I/O

Post by I/O » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:14 am

hey
sorry i ve been away from turntable for quite a while i think i will send you something this coming week
simone