Sound quality slightly distorted/degraded

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
m.nash
Sound quality slightly distorted/degraded

Post by m.nash » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:44 am

hey everyone, not sure if this issue is unavoidable, but here it goes...

i'm currently using pluggo in ableton. everything works great. fantastic set up. my only real complaint is the sound quality isn't quite up to par with playing the mp3 regularly.

there is light distortion that sounds like typical digital quality degradation, especially noticeable in the highs. the impact isn't earth shattering, but real.

i didn't know if this was something that could be improved or if this is just life using timecode vinyls to control mp3s...

error metric is within approrpriate range
signal db is around 55 (6 before drop out)
cut off is 1.5
warp is 1

any help here is appreciated. also if anyone has any questions regarding using pluggo with ableton send me a pm, i'll be glad to answer. all the best.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Hey Nash,

Several things to check:

1) In the little pop-down parameter menu in the main view of the plugin, have you selected "fat resample"? This can help your sound quality a bit. When not selected, the plugin uses a simple linear interpolation in order to save on CPU usage.

2) Is the plugin's built-in EQ on or off? If it's on, it could be affecting the sound quality as well.

3) What about the overall gain control settings on the plugin? If you have it cranked really loud on the output it could be clipping.