No waveforms displayed in Ableton Live

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
azala
No waveforms displayed in Ableton Live

Post by azala » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Hello,

Everything is ok whith Pinky Pluggo in Ableton, except waveform's display, instead of which I get a black stripe.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

My setup:
2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core
2 Go Twin Ram
Windows XP Pro SP2
Ableton Live 6.0.7
MsPinky Vynil Gen4
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

shift-double-click waveform display area

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:30 pm

For each new audio file you load into Pinky Pluggo (the same is also true for Maxi-Patch), the waveform data for that file will need to be calculated before the waveform can be viewed. To begin this waveform data calculation, simply shift-double-click on the waveform display area. A progress indicator will start displaying with the words "calculating waveform data..". Once the waveform data has been calculated, it is stored in a file with the same name as the audio file, but with the".wvf" extension, and subsequently every time you open this file for playback the waveform data can be recalled instantly.
azala

Post by azala » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Unfortunately, even with the .wvf files beside my tracks, I still don't get any waveform.

Is there any special requirements for MsPinky graphics?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:42 am

Do you by any chance have an old version of Pluggo installed on your machine? Make sure to download and install the very latest version of Pluggo "Runtime" for WinXP from cycling74.com. They also have something called the "Pluggo Cleaner" application which you can run to get rid of any potentially older versions of Pluggo that might somehow be hanging around.

There is no special graphics requirement for the Pinky Pluggo that I'm aware of.

Also-- could you please post a screenshot of how it looks?
azala

Post by azala » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:04 am

I uploaded a screenshot on Image Shack =>

dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:07 am

At the top of the plugin interface you can select View-->Messages. Please post the messages that come up in that view. It could be that the waveform files can't be created at all because of permissions or something. Is the drive where your audio files are stored set to be readable and writable?

Another question: How big are the .wvf files that you see created? They should be around 64 kBytes in size.
azala

Post by azala » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:39 pm

Messages view :
Pluggo : Loading effect Pinky_Pluggo
Pluggo : Loading effect Pinky_Pluggo
and that's all...

Concerning the .wvf files, they are present besides the audio files (.wav or .mp3) but their size is only 16 bytes (not Kbytes).

I tried to open one of these files with notepad, and I can read "BABYTALKWAVEFORM" inside.

The drive where I put my music is set with usual reading and writing permissions. Probably it's not important but it's an internal 10000 rpm Maxtor HDD, on a SATA bus.

Thank you for your kind help...

ps : Maybe it's time for my OS to be reinstalled!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Hey azala,

Hmmm. If the size of the files is only 16 Bytes (not kBytes) then the waveform data has not actually been written into the file. It needs to be calculated.

So just for kicks, let's try this: Copy one of the audio files that you've been testing Pinky Pluggo with onto the same disk drive where you have Ableton installed. Now open the file in Pinky Pluggo, and double-click on the waveform and see what happens. Does it say "Calculating waveform data"? Does the waveform then appear?
azala

Post by azala » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 pm

I tried to put some .wav files onto the same disk drive where Live is installed.

I double clicked the waveform, but I still didn't see anything. And the .wvf file size is again 16 bytes :(

Next step : OS reinstallation. I wil keep you informed :wink: