songs are restarting after a few minutes

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
deepliferecords
songs are restarting after a few minutes

Post by deepliferecords » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:12 am

in ableton i have pinky pluggo setup and it sounds fine but the song keeps restarting after a few minutes (during a 7 or 8 minute song). it happens with different songs. the song keeps restarting at the beginning.

any ideas?

i noticed the pinky vinyl has what looks like separate song grooves like real vinyl. would this be restarting the song, hitting a new track on the timecode? why would the timecode only last a few minutes if this were the case?

thanks for any help you can give.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 am

It shouldn't do that. The 1.0-minute markers on the vinyl do not signal any kind of re-start to the software.

You probably have some some setting in the pluggin not set right.

Please post screenshots showing both views of the plugin interface window so I can see if anything looks wrong....
deepliferecords

Post by deepliferecords » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:15 pm

<<< why no worky?
http://www.noisyChristians.com/Cstone06 ... ropout.bmp
http://www.noisyChristians.com/Cstone06 ... opout2.bmp

The second image was taken right when a restart occurred. Notice the spike in level, the red clip on the "led"'s.

I need this to work because even though i bought deckadance the sound has mad clicks and pops with that.

c'mon pinky, counting on you, and the O-RIG-I-NAL DL Pinkstah !
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Snarky K's beware!

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:20 pm

You also neglected to describe your complete system setup, specifically what Sound Card you're using. Please when posting a problem report on this forum include a COMPLETE description of your system. I am not a mind reader, and can't really help you solve your problem without all pertinent information.
deepliferecords

Post by deepliferecords » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:08 pm

of course, my bad,
i am using the behringer bcd 3000 as an audio interface and also trying the m-audio ozone as the audio interface and the same issue occurs. i have the latency set to about 20 milliseconds which should be absolutely the maximum needed, and i have tried all the buffer sizes, 64, 128, 256, 512, mb, etc.

pc specs -
intel pentium 4, 3 ghz, 2 gb corsair ram, win home server 2003, 4 x 320 gb ide hdd, audio interfaces plugged into the usb root, no irq conflicts.

ableton live 7, kore player, and many other audio programs run just fine on this system.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:51 pm

Neither the bcd 3000 nor the m-audio ozone are among our recommended audio converters for use with Ms Pinky.

Please refer back to this page on our site:
http://www.mspinky.com/setup_slideshow/ ... Setup.html

I can't offer support to users who don't follow the recommendations for using the system.