Error 1114 loading external mptcfs_sa~

Regarding use and development of Ms Pinky's Pluggo Plugin
shebb
Error 1114 loading external mptcfs_sa~

Post by shebb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:26 am

Pinky Pluggo will not run in Live 7, and this is the error I get when I look at the messages panel. In MaxMSP I can use mptcfs_sa~ if I put it in the externals folder. I have tried running pluggo in live when I have placed the external in both the 'common files/c74 plug-in support/externals' folder and the "cyling '74/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling '74/externals" folder, and when I did not have the externals installed. I just reinstalled windows xp. Pluggo was working for me when I was previously running Vista.

Thanks for any help
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:20 pm

Do other Pluggo plugins besides "Pinky Pluggo" work for you? Normally you should not have to copy the external mptcfs_sa~ to all those locations in order for Pluggo to find it because the external is actually contained inside the Pinky_Pluggo.dll vst plugin file itself. Are you sure you put the .dll in the right place?
shebb

Post by shebb » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Other pluggo plugins work for me just fine.

To exhibit so really bizarre behavior, if I add a mptcfs_sa~ object to a patch in max then load pinky pluggo through the vst~ object, everything works fine.

However, if I try to do this first I will get that 1114 error. Then if I try to add a mptcfs_sa~ object it will not load and again I will get a 1114 error.

Very strange...

p.s. and is there a list of all the messages mptcfs_sa~ takes in and puts out? I can only seem to find the MPTCFS_plugin_old as a reference.
shebb

Post by shebb » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:49 pm

Well I have got pinky pluggo working in Ableton by first building a vst containing a loose mptcfs_sa~, then if I load this vst in Ableton (or in fact Max) before loading Pinky Pluggo I will get no errors when I finally load up msPinky. Remarkable.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Weird! I've never heard of such a configuration nightmare with Pinky Pluggo. You might try running the pluggo cleaner app, and then re-installing pluggo runtime only-- not the full pluggo.

In answer to your other question-- all the inputs/outputs of the mptcfs~ and mptcfs_sa~ objects are covered in the patch called "MsPinky_MPTCFS" which you can find in the download folder that has all the max patches, externals, etc. BTW-- mptcfs_sa~ is simply an mptcfs~ object that is built to enable use in standalone applications. For that reason, it is the one we use in Maxi-Patch, and Pinky Pluggo. But its input/output behavior is identical to mptcfs~.