Ms Pinky releases new Control Signal especially for CDJs

Topics regarding use of Ms Pinky's Compact Disc Control
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Ms Pinky releases new Control Signal especially for CDJs

Post by dlpinkstah » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:19 am

Ms Pinky has created four (4) all-new tracks of her digital control signal especially for use with CDJ (Compact Disc) Scratching Decks.

Ms Pinky users who prefer to use CDJs instead of vinyl will be very happy to know that this new version of Ms Pinky's control signal features ultra-low latency and super-high resolution for optimal performance with your CDJ decks. Even though it was previously possible to record the Ms Pinky Vinyl Control signal onto a CD and use that to scratch with a CDJ deck, the nature of the vinyl signal is not such that it can give the lowest possible latency and highest possible resolution that the Compact Disc medium can accommodate. That is why Ms Pinky has released this special new signal only for use with CDJs. Each of the new tracks is 12 min, 40 sec long and contains 131,072 unique position codes. All four tracks together contain a total of 524,288 unique position codes, with a density of 172.265625 per second when played at nominal rate (pitch = 0.0). That translates to about twice the resolution, and one-half the latency, of the vinyl control signal. You will instantly feel the difference.

A free sample of the control signal is available for download now to Members of Ms Pinky's Fan Club. To obtain all four (4) unique tracks please send an email to <factotum@mspinky.com>. Both the download and the hardcopy CD are only available to members of Ms Pinky's Fan Club.

New versions of all Ms Pinky software have been created to support the new signal. Try it out today!! :wink:

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:13 am

cool
djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:cool

Agreed. Good work Pinkstah!
djone37

Post by djone37 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:20 pm

Whats the difference between the 4 tracks?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Each track has all unique position information

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:12 am

Each of the (4) tracks contains completely unique position information.

Even though to the human ear, they all sound the same, the software can

instantly distinguish all four, and knows exactly where you are in each one.

So it could be possible to, for instance, pre-load four tracks for playback and fire off each track just by hitting the >> (seek) button on your CDJ.
djone37

Re: Each track has all unique position information

Post by djone37 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:24 am

dlpinkstah wrote:Each of the (4) tracks contains completely unique position information.

Even though to the human ear, they all sound the same, the software can

instantly distinguish all four, and knows exactly where you are in each one.

So it could be possible to, for instance, pre-load four tracks for playback and fire off each track just by hitting the >> (seek) button on your CDJ.

Sweet! You going to update the SDK soon too?

PS - You compile those binary's for me yet ;-)
shrigg

Re: Each track has all unique position information

Post by shrigg » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:45 pm

dlpinkstah wrote:So it could be possible to, for instance, pre-load four tracks for playback and fire off each track just by hitting the >> (seek) button on your CDJ.

Is it possible to trigger the first track on stereo output channel one, lock in playback, then trigger the next track on stereo output channel two?

You could then perform with full control beat matching with just one CDJ! Less gear to haul = GOOD!

-shrigg
isko

cdj100s

Post by isko » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:58 am

does it work with pioneer cdj100s?

not for scratching but for searching and cueing...and for pitch bend?

thanks (and sorry for my bad english...)

isko
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

it should work

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:02 pm

The CD control signal for Ms Pinky should work fine with any decent quality CD player, regardless of brand or model. As long as the unit has good sound quality, the control signal will work.
djkee

master tempo?

Post by djkee » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:45 pm

I know if the master tempo is enabled on CDJs, that Final Scratch will not be able to read the control CD, does the same apply to Ms Pinky?
DJ Kee

Honolulu, HI

Resident DJ - Wave Waikiki (Sun & Mon)

Resident DJ - HanoHano Room (Wed & Thu)
gmint

Re: master tempo?

Post by gmint » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:33 pm

djkee wrote:I know if the master tempo is enabled on CDJs, that Final Scratch will not be able to read the control CD, does the same apply to Ms Pinky?

First, sorry that this is so way OT...

Hey DJ Kee, I recognize you from the Traktor forum. I just wanted to say "what's up" and say that I just got my Ms. Pinky records today (after having returned FS about a week after getting it) and I'm really looking forward to using it. How has your luck been with this system?
djone37

Re: master tempo?

Post by djone37 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:10 am

gmint wrote:
djkee wrote:I know if the master tempo is enabled on CDJs, that Final Scratch will not be able to read the control CD, does the same apply to Ms Pinky?

First, sorry that this is so way OT...

Hey DJ Kee, I recognize you from the Traktor forum. I just wanted to say "what's up" and say that I just got my Ms. Pinky records today (after having returned FS about a week after getting it) and I'm really looking forward to using it. How has your luck been with this system?

Another tracktor member... I'm mexicannnnnn on their. ;-)
gmint

Post by gmint » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:01 pm

What's up Mex!
pugsla

Post by pugsla » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:38 pm

hey i was just at the pinky store,,& i didn't see any thing for the cdj's,,i want to get some?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

The CDJ version is download only

Post by dlpinkstah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:40 am

Sorry if it's confusing, but in order to get access to the CD control signal for scratching with CDJ's, you have to purchase (4) Ms Pinky records from the online store. Once you've purchased your (4) Ms Pinky records, we will then give you download access to the CDJ control signals and you can burn your own CD copies of the control signal for scratching.