Dumb Questions for Ms Pinky Re-Visited....!

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
Op_of_faith
Dumb Questions for Ms Pinky Re-Visited....!

Post by Op_of_faith » Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Hey All-

I'm a Live User (Mid to High Level) and Musician/Beat Producer. Reasonable to pretty savvy with most of this stuff, but I'm doing a whole lot of it right now so I may be forgetting something easy and small.

Here's the deal-

I'm working with another cat on a DJ/Production set up and I saw the Re-Vised demo, and after looking it up, decided to check it out. So far I've got the stand alone and the VST working and I'm tearing through the "help" info. Mostly good...for some reason though-I can't get the Max Plug-IN for Re-Vised to recognize the signal coming from Ms Pinky...? No Pink record...nothing...I can't even drop samples on it or get it to respond...Like I said, it works with the VST and I can't find any other contrary info. The Meter next to the plug shows, I have the latest Version of Live going (8.1.3) the patch (Maxi-Patch_AO)...I know I missed something pretty basic but I can't seem to figure out what it is...??? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

J

Mac Book Pro/ 4 Gigs RAM
Ableton Live 8.1.3
Max for Live 5
Novation Nio 2/4 A/D Converter
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 am

I'm assuming you've got "Max For Live" installed, right? It's an additional product which you have to purchase from Ableton. If you do have Max For Live installed and enabled, then you'll need to install some additional software components as described in this post:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=964
Op_of_faith

Re:

Post by Op_of_faith » Tue May 11, 2010 3:51 am

Yes-just found that about an Hour ago-almost got it working...Thanks! Will keep you posted, if you don't mind...!