What MIDI messages to use for cue point triggering?

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
trypset
What MIDI messages to use for cue point triggering?

Post by trypset » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 pm

I see how to map the messages but what exactly do the messages need to be to be able to tap a cue point and have it trigger the cue repeatedly?

I have a nanoKontrol and can send notes or CC# in toggle or gate.

I want gate so whenever I hit the mapped cue it plays. Thanks!
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:53 am

Check the new version (2.2)

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1065

With the new version you should find it extremely easy to map a sequential range of MIDI notes to trigger either loops, cue points, or both! Your MIDI input can be taken from the host application, or directly from your chosen device. For lowest latency, take the MIDI input directly from your MIDI device.
trypset

Post by trypset » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 pm

The VST is recognizing my nanoKontrol.

However while in the midi tab it is not letting me select my device. It remains on "none" when selected.

If I set up a channel in ableton to recieve and send the info from the nanoKontrol to the VST channel I get activity but am still unable to edit any of the parameters.

I am on the most recent version of Live 8
Windows 7 4 GBRAM
nanoKontrol

I am controlling Ms Pinky with vinyl which is working flawlessly inside of ableton on two channels. Just need help mapping my cues and such. Thanks.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 am

First, if you're on Windoze, you must check out this post:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1069

Once you've properly setup the "Options.txt" file, then you should be able to type in the channel and note numbers to Pinky VST, and it should then be able to receive MIDI and respond appropriately.