Pinky VST 2.2: Play it like a turntable-scratching sampler!

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Pinky VST 2.2: Play it like a turntable-scratching sampler!

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:50 am

Pinky VST 2.2 is now ready for registered Fan Club members to download. The main new feature of this new version is direct MIDI input for functions such as loop and cue point triggering, jog wheel scratching, on-the-fly loop creation and modification, and saving and restoring of loop and cue points.

Whereas the previous version of Pinky VST required the user to set loop and cue points graphically using the mouse and keyboard, Pinky VST 2.2 allows on-the-fly loop and cue point creation using MIDI control. Using the new MIDI Input tabbed view, select your MIDI input devices, specify the channel numbers, and note numbers corresponding to each command you wish to map a MIDI note to. Map a sequential range of MIDI notes to the loop and cue points, and you can play your loops and cue points using a MIDI keyboard, just like a sampler! Map other notes to the loop modification functions-- double, halve, forward shift, backward shift, and you have the ability to create interesting stutter effects, all while simultaneously scratching the sounds using your turntable and your Ms Pinky vinyl!

And did we mention MIDI jog wheel control? With the new version, in addition to scratching with your turntable and Ms Pinky vinyl, you have the option of using a MIDI jog wheel. While the MIDI jog wheel will never give you the same precision for scratching as the vinyl will, it may be a useful alternative for some users.

Hope you like it!
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

i just jizzed in my pants...
hahrt

Post by hahrt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Will these cue point improvements be making their way to the other Ms Pinky devices?
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Absolutely. Coming soon to the Max/MSP dimension....
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm

I've just uploaded a new build of Pinky VST 2.2 that includes some important BUG FIXES. All registered Fan Club members should discard any previous builds they have downloaded of Pinky VST 2.2 and download the latest build (dated 02/15/11).

And please read this post regarding audio buffer size settings:

http://www.mspinky.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1067
djnelson

Post by djnelson » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 pm

This sounds awesome and exactly what I was hoping would come next.

Going to give this a try this week but looking forward to seeing this in Maxi-Patch next please :D
Mudo

Post by Mudo » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Great!

Mudo means mute person.

Researching new interface paradigms
bizmuth

AWESOME

Post by bizmuth » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks for this... can't wait to try it out.... just snagged two new Torq vinyls the other week, I'm gonna tear it up!!