Pinky VST 2.2: MORE BUG FIXES!

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
dlpinkstah
Site Admin
Pinky VST 2.2: MORE BUG FIXES!

Post by dlpinkstah » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:11 am

Just when you thought the bugs were fixed.. there are always more. Just now I've uploaded a new build of Pinky VST (dated 02/17/2011) which contains some more important bug fixes. The biggest bug was that Pinky VST was conflicting with TorqEngine because TorqEngine also contains the Ms Pinky Vinyl/CD demodulation code, but a slightly older version. This conflict was causing Pinky VST to crash Ableton! Not good! With this new build, there should be no more conflicts between TorqEngine and Pinky VST. Several other minor bugs have been fixed. This update is recommended for ALL USERS.
monosylabik

File Reverse bug

Post by monosylabik » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:07 am

Hello,

I think I've run into a bug with File Reverse. I updated to 2.2, and had to rewire my setup. While doing so I connected my turntable RCAs wrong and got forward but crackling sound out of Pinky. I turned File Reverse ON and that made the audio play forward cleanly. I rewired my turntable and it plays forward ok, but turning File Reverse on gives forward playing crackling, not reverse playback.

I'm running a MBP 2.4 GHz with OSX 10.5.8 in Ableton Live 8.2.1
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:34 am

That's actually not a bug :wink: At least not as I see it.

If you're using vinyl/CD control and you select "file reverse" you're always going to get that crackling effect because as the vinyl/CD spins forwards, the file is trying to play in the opposite direction and so constantly has to re-cue itself to match the current playback position of the control vinyl/CD. I guess we could reverse the "direction" of the position stamps so they map to a time-reversed file.... hmmm... Is this really important to you??? (please say no :wink:)
monosylabik

Post by monosylabik » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

lol, actually, I don't use it :lol: . I just ran into it by chance.
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:00 pm

i'm trying to midi map a jog wheel to the vst but i can't input the information.
a. it only accepts "host" as a source.
b. i can't type in the controller number and etc.
i'm using windows 7. and running the vst in ableton.
sec-def

Post by sec-def » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:11 pm

sorry it was the optios text thing.
windows's inability to be useful never seas's to amaze me.