Beginner

For discussion on the topic of Ms Pinky's "Pinky VST" plugin
jakerwagner
Beginner

Post by jakerwagner » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Hello, I don't really know much about working with cc messages except for using midi assign with Ableton. I was wondering if I could use the Novation Twitch with MS Pinky. I've read through numerous posts and couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm using the 2.2.1 VST and I inputted the midi information from one of my controls in the jog wheel source and it shows movement on the on the graphic on the midi input tab, yet I've only been able to affect the song playing once. Usually, it will work on the midi input tab and not on the actual song. I also changed the external controller to midi. As I said, this is all new to me so maybe I can't do this or am missing something here. Also, the twitch uses a max/msp patch to work with Ableton. I have tried inputting the patch and the twitch as the jog wheel source and can get movement with both each time on the graphic, yet there is no effect to the song playing. Thanks.
dlpinkstah
Site Admin

Post by dlpinkstah » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:20 am

Please carefully read Section 4 of the Pinky VST Quick Start guide (included in the downloaded archive). Besides just setting the appropriate CC you also have to set the appropriate Note number for when the jog wheel is pressed. And then the scale factor, etc.... Please be sure to do everything described in Section 4 of the pdf.